KW Excl: Mil CF/Ti R.I.L. S90V = Mid May?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Flipping Addict

Re: KW Excl: Mil CF/Ti R.I.L. S90V = Mid May?!

Post by Flipping Addict »

On sale May 3rd at 8am and pics now on website. Nice! Gonna be an expensive week next week.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ryno wrote:I really want to buy a millie, but it's gotta get changed to a compression lock before I do.
I don't want them to change the Milli, it's a legend and should stay the perfect way it is. I want a Military 2 with a compression lock (or linerless backlock)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Ryno wrote:I really want to buy a millie, but it's gotta get changed to a compression lock before I do.
I don't want them to change the Milli, it's a legend and should stay the perfect way it is. I want a Military 2 with a compression lock (or linerless backlock)
Yes!
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Donut

Post by Donut »

If you have been eyeing the CF/S90V, the price tag on this looks pretty nice.

If you want as much performance for cheaper, the blurple S110V is $100 cheaper.

It should be interesting to see if this release will lower the value of the older CF/S90V ones. I doubt it, the only way people will stop selling them for a high price is if people stop paying a high price for them.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

While I really like the liner lock Millies and have several, I think around saltwater, blood and guts, the Ti framelock makes more sense. While it may weigh an ounce or two more than the liner lock, seems it would be easier to clean and accumulate less gunk. I don't have a frame lock Millie so this is supposition on my part. Can someone with both give thoughts on this? I'm still considering the KW exclusive or the fluted Ti Millie with S30v. Thanks
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Does anyone know if this model has the recent CQI changes? I would appreciate the larger screws and lanyard hole.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Tdog wrote:While I really like the liner lock Millies and have several, I think around saltwater, blood and guts, the Ti framelock makes more sense. While it may weigh an ounce or two more than the liner lock, seems it would be easier to clean and accumulate less gunk. I don't have a frame lock Millie so this is supposition on my part. Can someone with both give thoughts on this? I'm still considering the KW exclusive or the fluted Ti Millie with S30v. Thanks
I have a couple of the ti fluted Millie's and they are very easy to clean.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

ohcyclist wrote:Does anyone know if this model has the recent CQI changes? I would appreciate the larger screws and lanyard hole.
I'm going to say yes, at least that's what they are showing at their site, I'm pretty sure all Military's coming will have it.

https://www.knifeworks.com/kw-exclusive ... usive.html
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
MCM

Post by MCM »

Super exited about this one. This is what I really wanted when I spec' d the M4 Ti Millie.
But M4 was all the rage at the time, and CF was much more exotic back then. lol lol
Also the Ti Millie had been announced, but was not yet out.
Not to mention an exclusive in S90v was not allowed in those days..........
Should be a keeper..........
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I'm intrigued by this version, been looking forward to it since it was announced. But I already have two millies, just picked up the M390 CF last month. And now this announcement. Bad timing.

I'm still waiting for a tip up Military. You would think the good folks at Spyderco could have figured this out by now.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Hopweaver wrote:I'm intrigued by this version, been looking forward to it since it was announced. But I already have two millies, just picked up the M390 CF last month. And now this announcement. Bad timing.

I'm still waiting for a tip up Military. You would think the good folks at Spyderco could have figured this out by now.
You can never have too many Military's, this one shouldn't be passed up, it will be a grail 5-10 years from now not to mention a spectacular piece. I have the M4 exclusive and its one bad *** Military, its a little heavier than the straight up G10 models but has that beefy feel like the Ti. :cool: :spyder:
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I am with David, the Military is the king.

I don't think that I am willing to pay what they are asking. There are not gonna move too fast at that price point so I am gonna wait for a price drop or pass.
100% my new thoughts.

Amazing knife, I'm just no willing to swing that high on price any more.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think I'm in on this one. My month of carrying the 204p exclusive left me wanting to try one with the RIL.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I am super stoked for this model. Same price as the Fluted Titanium Military. S90V! Carbon fiber! What else is there to say?
danroyale

Post by danroyale »

Will this knife be pinned? If you examine the pre-release photo, there's a pin next the pivot without screwheads.
brj

Post by brj »

A bit of franken-millie beauty to tide you guys over till Wednesday ;)

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

A little more eye candy. M4 Ti Millie and S90V CF Para2.

Donut

Post by Donut »

I wonder who is going to swap in the S110V blade first. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

danroyale wrote:Will this knife be pinned? If you examine the pre-release photo, there's a pin next the pivot without screwheads.
Welcome to the forum danroyale, what you're seeing is Spyderco's CQI (constant quality improvements) its a stepped stop pin, it use to be screwed in, but not anymore. :)

danroyale

Post by danroyale »

farnorthdan wrote:
danroyale wrote:Will this knife be pinned? If you examine the pre-release photo, there's a pin next the pivot without screwheads.
Welcome to the forum danroyale, what you're seeing is Spyderco's CQI (constant quality improvements) its a stepped stop pin, it use to be screwed in, but not anymore. :)
Ahh, so will disassembly be possible?

Thanks for the warm welcome!