Stupid dream!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Stupid dream!

Post by Jazz »

I'm sure we all have nonsensical dreams, weird, unexplainable dreams.

I don't believe in freakin' zombies... so, I'm in my dream having a good, entertaining, interesting time, and along come some zombie things. I climb up on a shelf (about 50 feet high, naturally). I'm scared of big heights, of course, so this is terrific. I notice a long rope/string dangling. A zombie, of course tries to pull the shelf down with me WAY up on it. What would you do? I reached to my pocket and whipped out a knife with which to sever the line. I hate heights. I was freaked out. It felt real. Well, the knife cut the cord and I was fine, and woke up.

What's upsetting is it was a knife with a thumb stud! What the heck? I use only Spydies! What a completely stupid dream!
- best wishes, Jazz.
Mushroom

Re: Stupid dream!

Post by Mushroom »

LOL - Thanks for sharing! Had a good laugh for sure!

The nightmare wasn't because of the zombie or the heights, it was those dang thumb studs! LOL :)
-Nick :bug-red
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I had a similar dream but with a different and weird element: I was in some city unrecognizable to me in the dream, and myself and other people were trying to hide from a dragon that was similar to Smaugh of Lord of the Rings. It was huge and I had a Spyderco knife. The second dream had to do with zombies and I was hiding out in some down-stairs basement recreation center that had gated windows and there were hordes of zombies outside. I had an Endura and I was going to use that against them if they got in.

One of the better dreams I had was where I was walking down some streets and I was ushered into this huge old time college ground, and some attendant brought me into a back-area where there were dozens of old, dusty wardrobes and trunks and chests and book cases, and I looked and they had display cases FULL of Spyderco and other knives. He told me "Take as many as you want, free of charge." One of them was a rare fully serrated Delica 4 Wave.

And one other dream I had was where I was walking on some street and all over these green lawns were hundreds if not thousands of Spyderco knives including Enduras, Salts, Waves, made of LC200N steel. Man, talk about dreams that make one drool! :)
timlara

Post by timlara »

Haha, that's hilarious.

Was the knife the Z-Hunter? :D

(Calling Nick Shabazz....)

Tim
remnar

Post by remnar »

Jazz, that is weird. I sometimes feel like I'm in a nightmare when I ask the guy behind the knife counter to look at a knife and then can't open it one-handed because of the stupid thumb stud. It usually ends with me handing back the knife and him effortlessly flicking it open before returning it to the case. :confused:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thumb stud? What a nightmare!
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Thumb stud? What a nightmare!
:eek: :D :D
Chris :spyder:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you to branch out a little?

Your conscious mind needs to tell your subconscious mind to shut the heck up!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I have some Cold Steels with Triad locks and some Benchmades, but I just don't use them. The Spyderco hole just works - no question or fumbling. I'm not a dummy. I can use thumbstuds, but I really don't like them.

Why can't I dream a cool dream about Spydies? I did have one that I remember long ago. I was cutting a large drape or something to get out of somewhere, with my blue ZDP 189 Stretch. I remember it was just as sharp in my dream as real life.

... but, a no name knife with thumbstuds? Where was my mind?
- best wishes, Jazz.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

It's ok! These feelings are totally natural. You don't have to be attracted to only holes or studs, and there's nothing wrong with being a little bidextual. :)
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I know, not that there's anything wrong with that, right? :p
- best wishes, Jazz.
carl3989

Post by carl3989 »

What's a thumb stud? Is it a little Stud muffin?