Native 5 Maxamet is out also!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

Re: Native 5 Maxamet is out also!

Postby murphjd25 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am

Mine is out for delivery! Might have to run home for "lunch" today hehe

MAXAMET!!!! All I can say is wow! I am thoroughly impressed! Image
Josh

murphjd25

Postby murphjd25 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

This is the sharpest knife I've got yet. My caly 3.5 was the sharpest until this, this dang thing splits hairs out of the box! I can't wait to start testing and carrying it tomorrow. The Ergos are really good actually, and the backlock is the best backlock I've seen on any spydie yet! It feels solid without any liners and is so light! It's pretty funny how I use to hate backlocks, and now I have more backlocks then any other kind of lock. Spyderco just does them so dang well. Thanks Sal for another knock out of the park!
Josh

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Looks good Murpjd. Spyderco has made me a fan of backlocks as well.
I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

Postby 017 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 am

Last edited by 017 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

StuntZombie

Postby StuntZombie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:31 am

Well, it looks like I'm going to find out how Maxamet performs in a salty, humid environment. I just ordered a Native (and Delica Wharncliffe) that should be here next week.
Chris

I have a blog! http://thestuntzombie.com/

Haves: Manbug Salt, Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK, Wharncliffe Delica, Ti Squeak, Salt 2 Wharncliffe, Wharncliffe Dragonfly, DLT Trading Cru-Wear Delica, Gen 1 Delica

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:00 pm

StuntZombie wrote:Well, it looks like I'm going to find out how Maxamet performs in a salty, humid environment. I just ordered a Native (and Delica Wharncliffe) that should be here next week.
Please post pics after you've used it a bit, I've got a light patina from finger prints on mine but no major issues as of yet. It gets used on food and rinsed and wiped off regularly. No oil on blade, just the pivot.

StuntZombie

Postby StuntZombie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 am

ZrowsN1s wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:Well, it looks like I'm going to find out how Maxamet performs in a salty, humid environment. I just ordered a Native (and Delica Wharncliffe) that should be here next week.
Please post pics after you've used it a bit, I've got a light patina from finger prints on mine but no major issues as of yet. It gets used on food and rinsed and wiped off regularly. No oil on blade, just the pivot.

Will do. I had some rust issues with my K390 Urban in the same environment, but I haven't had anymore trouble since I cleaned it off. That blade stays pretty coated with oil from my hands, so that may be one reason why. It sounds like Maxamet might be slightly more rust resistant, so I'm hoping it does well.
Chris

Haves: Manbug Salt, Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK, Wharncliffe Delica, Ti Squeak, Salt 2 Wharncliffe, Wharncliffe Dragonfly, DLT Trading Cru-Wear Delica, Gen 1 Delica

Frunkey

Postby Frunkey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Check out my videos on the knife!

Spyderco Native 5 LW Maxamet Unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFE-xjJlS0[/url]

Knife Surgery - Native 5 LW Maxamet Dissection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNy7ZXqmvQ

Last edited by Frunkey on Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 017 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Last edited by 017 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mastiff

Postby The Mastiff » Fri May 05, 2017 8:33 am

Frunkey, make sure you post here because you want to post here and not to shill a you tube channel. You have excellent photography skills but no content for us that like Spyderco forums and have no intention of going to you tube to see a video.

Joe

OakTree

Postby OakTree » Fri May 05, 2017 10:49 am

Last night I purchased the N5 Maxamet. I've never even seen an N5 in person, let alone tested how it feels in my hand. I've only read posts here and watched online reviews. I promised myself that I would not purchase another knife until my Delica 4 is retired, and yet... I've gone and purchased another knife. I blame this forum.

aesmith

Postby aesmith » Fri May 05, 2017 10:52 am

Frunkey wrote:Check out my videos on the knife!
Links don't work.
---------
Tony S

jpm2

Postby jpm2 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:55 am

OakTree wrote:Last night I purchased the N5 Maxamet. I've never even seen an N5 in person, let alone tested how it feels in my hand. I've only read posts here and watched online reviews. I promised myself that I would not purchase another knife until my Delica 4 is retired, and yet... I've gone and purchased another knife. I blame this forum.
You're welcome. :)

StuntZombie

Postby StuntZombie » Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm

ZrowsN1s wrote:

I didn't get to use it too much today, but I pulled it out at one point to find a few rust spots on it. So, if you use it in a humid or salty environment, I definitely recommend using something to keep the blade protected.
Chris

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Fri May 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Good to know. I wonder if at some point in the near future it will develop enough of a patina to stop that from happening.

Frunkey

Postby Frunkey » Sat May 06, 2017 4:52 pm

aesmith wrote:
Frunkey wrote:Check out my videos on the knife!
Links don't work.
Fixed the links thanks

Frunkey

Postby Frunkey » Sat May 06, 2017 4:53 pm

The Mastiff wrote:Frunkey, make sure you post here because you want to post here and not to shill a you tube channel. You have excellent photography skills but no content for us that like Spyderco forums and have no intention of going to you tube to see a video.

Joe

Thanks,

Just sharing my thoughts in video form.
Not just shilling a channel.

Frank

ZrowsN1s

Postby ZrowsN1s » Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 pm

So a brief update after a few weeks of carry I had a number of finger prints that wouldn't wipe off the blade. A little flitz cleaner (about 30 seconds) and they all wiped off. Still loving the knife.

Spydersense

Postby Spydersense » Wed May 24, 2017 6:35 pm

I'm still loving mine as well. It's seen use almost daily, and it's still as sharp as day one. Maxamet rocks!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt

JRinFL

Postby JRinFL » Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 am

It's so good I bought a second one which is rare for me. The rust mentioned above makes me think I should spray them down with Ballistol like I do with my M4 blades.
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder: Wharnie for the whin! Friends call me Jim. As do my enemies.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”