Police4 in spyderedge ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Police4 in spyderedge ?

Post by elena86 »

I think a Police4 in spyderedge or even combo edge would be amazing ? Sal ?

Marius
JD Spydo

Re: Police4 in spyderedge ?

Post by JD Spydo »

elena86 wrote:I think a Police4 in spyderedge or even combo edge would be amazing ? Sal ?

Marius
Well "Marius" it would be an absolute crime and an atrocity to have any Spyderco POLICE model not be offered in Spyderedge :( Actually it's also another model that fared well in combo-edge as well.

Seriously I couldn't even imagine another rendition of the classic POLICE model not being offered in Spyderedge. Because the Spyderedged POLICE model truly is one of the very most iconic representatives of the entire Spyderco line up ever in the history of the Great Spyder Factory :cool:

Trust me it's a given ;) It would be about as outlandish as if they did the C-36 Military model with an FRN handle :eek:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I suspect it will be, but I also predict there will be a steel change at some point. I'm really surprised it's debuting with K390 anyway.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
sal

Post by sal »

I'm listening.

sal
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

JD Spydo wrote:it would be an absolute crime
Somebody call the Spyderco Police!

I agree, SE or go home for that model. But I'm not the average knife consumer. I could understand it being hard to make money on SE variants.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:I'm listening.

sal
I was thinking a baby Police4,a Rookie redivivus, with a swedge and fully serrated.Green G10 and a 3.5ish inch blade in Cruwear or even K390.That would be a killer :cool: :spyder: Maybe a flash batch ...

Marius
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Full Spyderedge Police 4 is a definite must.....Can even be in a different steel if the K390 doesn't like serrations. :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Yes please. The police deserves serrations and I am really liking K390. My mule has been a fantastic performer in the yard and kitchen and relatively easy to reprofile. That was an unexpected surprise. K390 in the urban hasn't left my pocket since I got it. It cuts effortlessly and in that platform is just about perfect EDC.

Sal, you will be able to answer questions about how this steel plays with serrations and the ease or difficulty in managing this in a production environment but I would be on board for one. I know that's not a lot of volume.

I have an se para 2 and ce para 3 in the mail. Some of use that push for these se knives also put our wallet on the table.
Germinalphrase

Post by Germinalphrase »

elena86 wrote:
sal wrote:I'm listening.

sal
I was thinking a baby Police4,a Rookie redivivus, with a swedge and fully serrated.Green G10 and a 3.5ish inch blade in Cruwear or even K390.That would be a killer :cool: :spyder: Maybe a flash batch ...

Marius
I prefer That's a pretty sweet sounding rig.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

A Police without Spyderedge? Blasphemy!

More seriously though, does anyone have any idea how K390 would perform with serrations?

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Ed Ricketts

Post by Ed Ricketts »

I'd really like the chance to buy a couple of combo edges. I know AFIs have "moved on" from the combo obsession years ago, but many tool users, including one of my sons, have not. A combo police 4 would make a great gift for him & others.