MT25P - Mule Team Fixed Blade with LC200N

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT25P - Mule Team Fixed Blade with LC200N

Post by TazKristi »

MT25P will be available for sale on Wednesday, 12-Apr-2017 at 0900 (MST)

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://spyderco.com. You will find it under model # MT25.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

Cost: $69.95 each

Domestic Orders:
Domestic Shipping in the Continental United States: Standard Shipping rates apply.
Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico Shipping: USPS $15.00

International Orders:
International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303/279-8383 x 107.

International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $45
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $60

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About LC200N:
Spyderco’s twenty-fifth Mule Team installment features LC200N steel—a high nitrogen alloyed tool steel that offers extreme corrosion resistance. LC200N is produced by a combination of the PESR (Pressurized Electric Slag Remelting) process and “smart forging” technology to yield an amazing increase in the steel’s purity and a very fine and homogenous microstructure. It is also a true martensitic steel that achieves its hardness through traditional heat treating, so its hardness level can be precisely controlled to meet the demands of specific uses. Regarded as the material of choice for applications that involve high static and dynamic loads in corrosive environments, LC200N is widely used in the food, chemical, recycling, and pharmaceutical industries, as well as in mirror-polished dies used in the plastics industry. It is best known, however, as NASA’s preferred material for the ball bearings used in their aerospace equipment.

LC200N’s unique alloy composition includes: 0.3% Carbon, 15% Chromium, 0.5% Nitrogen, 0.95% Molybdenum, 0.5% Nickel, and 1.00% Manganese. When this alloy recipe is translated to knife blades, LC200N provides an exceptional blend of toughness, edge holding, and corrosion resistance.

Mule Team handle scales and sheaths will also be available through SFO for the first time with the release of MT25P.
We’re proud to introduce turnkey solutions for outfitting your Mule Team blades with handles and sheaths. We’ll now offer “bolt-on” G-10 scale kits that install on any Mule Team knife in a matter of minutes. Precision machined from solid black G-10 and featuring a beautifully contoured checkered texture, these kits include three sets of screws and threaded posts. All you need to install them is a T-8 Torx® driver and a few minutes of your time.

We’re also excited to introduce a premium pouch-style leather sheath specifically designed for the Mule Team project. Beautifully crafted from fine-tooled brown leather by one of Spain’s most respected sheathmakers, these premium sheaths include an integral belt loop and proudly bear a stamped Spyderco “bug” logo.

What is the Mule Team:
For those of you unfamiliar with our Mule Team Project, it is unique to Spyderco. In-house we call knife samples designed and built for testing and evaluation Mules. We know a healthy percentage of knife users are interested in different blade steels and their performance abilities. Running with that, we released an ongoing Mule Team Project. Several times per year we unveil the same single-piece fixed blade patterned knife in a different and exotic blade steel. This lets steel-obsessed knife knuts test, try and use something normally not offered to the industry. Product runs are limited to 600 – 1000 pieces of each steel type depending on foundry requirements.

Mule Blades are leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching custom handle scales or for wrapping with para-cord. Each piece is sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel. This opens endless creative possibilities for the owner to design their own handle scale and carry options.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mushroom

Re: MT25P - Mule Team Fixed Blade with LC200N

Post by Mushroom »

Glad to hear it and excited to get one!
-Nick :bug-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Definitely grabbing one of these.
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

I have the sneaking suspicion this is going to be huge.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Happy days!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

What is the price going to be for the sheath and scales?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Wish this had been available on my last mule order...
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I'm digging those sheaths, think I'll try one out. Might even try the scales too, though probably for one of my other handle-less Mules. I think this one is gonna get a bright color, maybe even try my hand at liners.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I think I can swing a pair of these at that price. I really wish the scales were big enough to cover the tang, though. I'd rather get something a bit oversize and sand them down to exact fit, but it looks like I'll be sticking with a paracord wrap.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Perfect.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Sweet! I have put a TON of mileage on this steel now in all types of uses and conditions. I think lots of folks are going to really enjoy it. This MT will be mounted in my kayak!
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

This will be my first Mule purchase FOR SURE
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

What does the P stand for in MT25P?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Agreed. My first mule purchase as well!!
Josh
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Skidoosh wrote:What does the P stand for in MT25P?
Perhaps there will be a SE or CE version too!!!?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:
Skidoosh wrote:What does the P stand for in MT25P?
Perhaps there will be a SE or CE version too!!!?
The P does signify Plain edge, just like it has on every Mule so far. Anything is possible, but I would advise against holding your breath in anticipation of other edge types.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Am I reading this for real or is this an April 1st thing? WOW! WOW! WOW! AN LC200N MULE TEAM! YAY!

THANK YOU!
QUICKSILVER

Post by QUICKSILVER »

Who makes the handles?
Halpern? If so are they the same as before? Flat & contoured?
How much will they cost?
Bill Maier
Katahdin

Post by Katahdin »

Decided I wanted a quality edc a bit over a month ago. Initially focused on the Keershaw Camber, but then more I looked the more I liked the lightweight Manix 2. Purchased the Manix in BD-1 and I am a bit bitten with knives. So many choices in the $50-$100 range offered by Spyderco.

Have decided a fixed blade was the next knife for me. Intended uses-food preparation (like the cleanliness relative to a folder), light baton use for fire starter in wet conditions.

Thought a salt serrated Manbug may be the 3rd knife purchase for Kayaking and canoeing. Although the Delica Wharncliffe sure looks nice and not hard on choice yet.

Wondering if this Mule might meet both conditions. I know the blade shape is not a bushcraft style, but I think food prep will be the most common use. Any thoughts on this knife for my intended uses?

Also interested in knowing more about the handles. And what synthetic sheath have folks found works well with the mules. The leather sounds very nice, but maybe not with this blade.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Katahdin wrote:..I know the blade shape is not a bushcraft style, but I think food prep will be the most common use. Any thoughts on this knife for my intended uses? ..

It should serve you quite well. LC200N in my experience has held an edge well and has certainly proved to be rust resistant if not rust proof.