Spyderco Advocate washer problem solved?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
carl3989

Spyderco Advocate washer problem solved?

Post by carl3989 »

I am a Gayle Bradley aficionado and have all of his Spyderco collaborations with the exception of the Bradley 2. I've been reticent to get the latest release: The Advocate. I've been on the fence. I am smitten by its looks, yet couldn't pull the pin because of the washer problem. This came home to me after my Southard had to be sent back to Spyderco. So that's back after they changed the washers. I hope they are better than the original, but can't tell because I would have to disassemble the knife to verify and we Spyderco collectors are denied that due to warranty restraints. Any way, it's been reported that a similar problem exists with the Advocate's washers. It has also been reported that Spyderco is aware of this problem and it is soon to be rectified. What do you guys think? Would love to know because I want that knife in my collection. :(
mattman

Re: Spyderco Advocate washer problem solved?

Post by mattman »

I think you should spend a little time reading the rest of the forum.

This is currently a pretty hot topic, and there's not really a need for another thread on it.
carl3989

Post by carl3989 »

mattman wrote:I think you should spend a little time reading the rest of the forum.

This is currently a pretty hot topic, and there's not really a need for another thread on it.
Sorry I didn't think to read every thread before I posted my question. Live and learn. My bad. :confused:
mattman

Post by mattman »

awa54

Post by awa54 »

carl3989 wrote:
mattman wrote:I think you should spend a little time reading the rest of the forum.

Sorry I didn't think to read every thread before I posted my question. Live and learn. My bad. :confused:
The search capabilities of the forum engine are only OK (certainly not the worst, but no match for Google), so despite the scolding you'll get from those who have read every thread ever posted here, staring a query like you did is the quickest way to get the info you want ;)

If/when the flipper bearing issue gets fixed there will no doubt be an explosion of threads dissecting the event.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
mattman

Post by mattman »

My apologies.
That was uncalled for.