Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Post by TomAiello »

Will there be a UK Penknife in Maxamet to follow up the S110V?

Does anyone know?
BrandoSpoke

Re: Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Post by BrandoSpoke »

They said they plan to do Maxamet on a bunch of their flagship models. I dont know if that includes the UKPK though
"If you talk all the time, you will never hear what anybody else has to say, and therefore, all you'll have to talk about is your own conversation."
-Alan Watts
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I don't know about Maxamet but I pray for a Cruwear UKPK :eek:

Marius
gastonian

Post by gastonian »

lol, i just ordered a s110v version and was about to make this same thread!

I've been waiting forever for a supersteel ukpk with frn handles and would welcome any additional variants. I love everything about my original UKPK except the CTS BD1.
Donut

Post by Donut »

gastonian wrote:lol, i just ordered a s110v version and was about to make this same thread!

I've been waiting forever for a supersteel ukpk with frn handles and would welcome any additional variants. I love everything about my original UKPK except the CTS BD1.
I hear you on that one!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The power to weight ratio on a Maxamet ukpk would be even greater than on the S110V version right Sal?
;)
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd love to get one.

For me, a great "go everywhere" set of knives would be Manix LW (legal where I live), Native LW (legal in a place I visit for two or three weeks every year) and UKPK (legal in a place I go for work for 3-5 weeks every year). I have the full set in s110v (ordered my UKPK today) now, but I'd love to get a complete set in Maxamet. :)
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I think I would be up for that after getting the S110v. Ukpk is a nice platform.
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

I am loving S110V and for me the UKPK is growing on me so much i have just ordered one and cant wait to experience it. I am still deciding between Cruwear and Maxamet for next purchase.
Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Maxamet, cru wear... I am all for it!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I think Maxamet has a greater chance of happening, given the other models that have gone s110v -> Maxamet.

Random thought, but I think the UKPK would be a fantastic platform to do "test" steels (like the Mules) in something more EDC-able.

And I bet the people who live in places where you can't EDC a fixed blade (or a locker, even) would love to get in on the latest steels.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tom,

Probably in time.

Hey Wralle,

Welcome to our forum.

Cobra, I think so. Both are really good on abrasion resistance. Maxamet has a bunch of unobtanium and we're still watching reaction to both steels. I really like my UK S110. Carry it quite a bit. I'd also like one in Maxamet, 52100 and Cruwear :D

sal
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Tease! Maybe the ukpk folding mule idea could have merit?

un·ob·tain·i·um
ˌənəbˈtānēəm/
nouninformal
noun: unobtanium
a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Well, my reaction to S110V has been kind of meh. I like it but I don't love it. Maxamet on the other hand has me smitten. It is unlike anything else I have tried. I just want MORE!!! I don't know why but for a steel that stays sharp so long I just love the way it sharpens. Maybe it's the high hardness? I don't know. It doesn't seem to be that hard to grind and it doesn't seem to want to hang onto a stubborn bur or wire edge. I can get it hair popping sharp off of a pocket stone pretty easily whereas S110V seems to like it if I hit the sharpmaker or bench stones. Also, so far for my uses it has been plenty durable. I use my knives for work and some of that would be harder use but I still just use it as a knife so no abuse. I did use it to cut the dome out of the bottom of a few soda cans and the tip was still pin point sharp and the edge had no damage.

Do we have a Maxamet discussion thread? We need to talk about it if want to see even more of it. I am curious if others have had a similar early impression as me. I haven't heard any bad feedback yet. Jim's test was off the charts. I have used my Manix heavily since December and I have used the Mule a bit in the kitchen and also to do a little wood carving.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
elena86

Post by elena86 »

sal wrote:Hi Tom,

Probably in time.

Hey Wralle,

Welcome to our forum.

Cobra, I think so. Both are really good on abrasion resistance. Maxamet has a bunch of unobtanium and we're still watching reaction to both steels. I really like my UK S110. Carry it quite a bit. I'd also like one in Maxamet, 52100 and Cruwear :D

sal

Yessssss !!! UKPK in Cruwear with gray FRN :eek: This could be my dream edc ! Thanx Sal for making me dream :cool:

Marius
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

How about a G10 UKPK? In just about any steel, it would make an old man happy! :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

sal wrote:Hi Tom,

Probably in time.

Take my money now. :)
Dickson

Post by Dickson »

l recently got the s110v UKPK. I love it but this is my first experience with a steel in this class. I can't tell how well it holds the edge but l sharpened it feels very different. Almost like glass on the ceramic. In my head I imagine the little niobium carbide skating along the stone haha. It's by far the more time consuming to sharpen than my 4V and XHP knives.

I love the platform so much that I ordered the BD1 version. l do love BD1's ability to take a vicious edge with only a few passes on the ceramic.
52100 on the UKPK platform with it's thin blade, it's would be a monster slicer.
Donut

Post by Donut »

We need to send Sal to the UK more often. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I need more UKPKs in super steels
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb