Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Post by TomAiello »

Resurrecting this thread. :)

What are the chances of seeing a UKPK in Maxamet?

I'd buy several (probably 4, which I'd get logo'd up by Knifeworks) immediately.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yes please. More UKPKs please. Please oh please.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
foofie

Post by foofie »

Sounds great. More ukpk. More Maxamet. Win win.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

More UKPKs + More Maxamet = More winners in my book. Seems like this is pretty doable since there doesn't appear to be an issue with Maxamet and the lightweights.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

UKPK in Cruwear would be the wining formula .... everyone seems to like Cruwear ... for the good reasons ;)
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:I need more UKPKs in super steels
You and me both...and everyone else in this thread!
Amen!

I love my S110V UKPK and would like to see the model updated with other steels. Perhaps we can start with M390, M4, or XHP? Personally, I'd love to see a salt version with yellow FRN and an LC200N blade. ;)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sal... if you read this ... please grind the next UKPK variant thinner behind the edge ...please
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

A UKPK salt in LC200N would be an instant buy for me too. But Maxamet would be much, much better for me.
sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

The UKPK in S110v has been my go-to office carry since I purchased it last year, and has grown to be one of my favorite spydies, period.
I find it weird saying that since I've got my share of spyderco's but it isn't easy unseating this guy from my slacks. It replaced the Dragonfly as my office EDC and while I don't carry the Dfly in my pocket, it still stays nearby in my office bag should I need a backup :) lol...

I'd really like to see a new version of the UKPK get released - color me intrigued !
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
m6steen

Post by m6steen »

Gray FRN & Maxamet sounds good to me. If it's G10, then I hope it uses the current split spring NOT the older full length spring. There has been a lot of interest in bringing back a G10 version, but the older full length spring makes it very difficult to change the clip and/or reassemble. I prefer the FRN UKPKs, but updating the G10 to fit the split spring would be a worthwhile CQI.
Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

G10 that mug!
Maxamet would be cool. Cruwear, 52100, 3v, LC200N, s30v. Shoot I'll buy a 1095 g10 ukpk.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm going to resurrect this thread again.

Sal, any chance we'll see a UKPK in Maxamet?
foofie

Post by foofie »

Yes please
Hopefully the recent red g10 version shows the UKPK has some legs
Supacede

Post by Supacede »

Just digging the fact we're all still raving over the Calypso/Caly line of designs regardless of steel involved; it remains forever a pinnacle of knifemaking even under the guise of supersteeled ukpk.

I hope he knows how much he nailed this.

:spyder:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Still hoping for the 52100.
- best wishes, Jazz.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Always turned my nose up at the UKPK thinking it to be a lesser knife not having a lock mechanism. Got sucked into it on two basis: eager to experience BD1N steel in a folder and eager to experience the deep carry wire clip! It's an awesome light duty EDC knife. Now a convert ... still in the honeymoon phase as I've had it for only a week ... but loving this knife. As the other poster mentioned - Sal nailed it!

Have added the leaf shaped BD1N and S110V versions to my shortlist of blades. Would welcome other versions of this knife in various steels as well as G10 and other colors of FRN.

Lots of great suggestions in the thread. I really like the idea of a corrosion resistant version w/ yellow FRN, LC200N, and other hardware of equal corrosion resistance. But I also really like the suggestion for Maxamet, CruWear, M4, K390, CTS-XHP, M390, Rex45, and so on. Would like to see these offered in both blade shapes since I enjoy each. I'd also buy a G10 version to try, but I am highly liking the weightlessness of the FRN version.

Had better start saving for the day!!! and surprised to find so many on the bandwagon for this model which seems to reside in the shadows of so many other Spyderco models.

Great job Spyderco!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

You know, we do need an LC200N model with Eric's new green color, don't we? Serrated and plain edge.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Ruudr

Post by Ruudr »

About Maxamet; Are there any health issues when I cut food with Maxamet? Due to the
Cobalt in it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Jazz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 am
Still hoping for the 52100.
Same here
---------
Tony S
NicoColt1911

Post by NicoColt1911 »

m6steen wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
Gray FRN & Maxamet sounds good to me. If it's G10, then I hope it uses the current split spring NOT the older full length spring. There has been a lot of interest in bringing back a G10 version, but the older full length spring makes it very difficult to change the clip and/or reassemble. I prefer the FRN UKPKs, but updating the G10 to fit the split spring would be a worthwhile CQI.
I guess they probably could / would? use the Heinnie Dealer Exclusive 4 screw kind of G10 design?! I don't know if it has the same problem but I certainly prefer full spring over half spring for aesthetic reasons. :)