Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NicoColt1911

Re: Uk Penknife Maxamet?

Post by NicoColt1911 »

NicoColt1911 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm
m6steen wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
Gray FRN & Maxamet sounds good to me. If it's G10, then I hope it uses the current split spring NOT the older full length spring. There has been a lot of interest in bringing back a G10 version, but the older full length spring makes it very difficult to change the clip and/or reassemble. I prefer the FRN UKPKs, but updating the G10 to fit the split spring would be a worthwhile CQI.
I guess they probably could / would? use the Heinnie Dealer Exclusive 4 screw kind of G10 design?! I don't know if it has the same problem but I certainly prefer full spring over half spring for aesthetic reasons. :)
Jazz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:47 am
You know, we do need an LC200N model with Eric's new green color, don't we? Serrated and plain edge.
I'd like a LC200N model with yellow - salted - G10 handle. Available with a serrated and sheepsfoot blade.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

NicoColt1911 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:43 pm
NicoColt1911 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm
m6steen wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
Gray FRN & Maxamet sounds good to me. If it's G10, then I hope it uses the current split spring NOT the older full length spring. There has been a lot of interest in bringing back a G10 version, but the older full length spring makes it very difficult to change the clip and/or reassemble. I prefer the FRN UKPKs, but updating the G10 to fit the split spring would be a worthwhile CQI.
I guess they probably could / would? use the Heinnie Dealer Exclusive 4 screw kind of G10 design?! I don't know if it has the same problem but I certainly prefer full spring over half spring for aesthetic reasons. :)
Jazz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:47 am
You know, we do need an LC200N model with Eric's new green color, don't we? Serrated and plain edge.
I'd like a LC200N model with yellow - salted - G10 handle. Available with a serrated and sheepsfoot blade.

There was talk of a salt UKPK but it’s in another thread. I’ll find it and give it a bump.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

I'd buy a few for family, friends, and myself... same for the urban. Maxamet in just about anything is a plus.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Ruudr wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:26 am
About Maxamet; Are there any health issues when I cut food with Maxamet? Due to the
Cobalt in it?

I hope not. I eat apples with it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

I hope not too.
I've ground a dozen blades from 5 & 10% cobalt steels over the years, and processed no telling how many hundreds of pounds of fish, squirrel, and deer with a 10% blade since 1992.
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

How's about a Maxamet UKPK in earth brown G10? Gotta have a UKPK in earth brown G10.
Sal and the gang have got the machining for the full length forked back-spring now they've produced the HH UKPK ;)
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Why is there a different length spring/backspacer for the G10 vs the FRN? I'm sure its been discussed but I'm new to this. Thanks in advance,

CG

Having browsed the web it appears that there is a shorter length piece that is not split at the end in the older frn models, a shorter length piece that is split at the end in the newer frn models; and a full length piece that is not split at the end in the older G10 models????
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Baron Mind

Post by Baron Mind »

I'd buy this knife.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Yes. And a drop point blade, please.
UrbanMoose wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:49 am
How's about a Maxamet UKPK in earth brown G10? Gotta have a UKPK in earth brown G10.
Sal and the gang have got the machining for the full length forked back-spring now they've produced the HH UKPK ;)
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm
Why is there a different length spring/backspacer for the G10 vs the FRN? I'm sure its been discussed but I'm new to this. Thanks in advance,

CG

Having browsed the web it appears that there is a shorter length piece that is not split at the end in the older frn models, a shorter length piece that is split at the end in the newer frn models; and a full length piece that is not split at the end in the older G10 models????
Others are free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's to do with being able to mold the more pliable FRN in such a way that a full spacer wasn't needed, and the forked spring meant the back-spacer stays flush with the scales when opening and closing the knife.
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm
Yes. And a drop point blade, please.
UrbanMoose wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:49 am
Maxamet drop-point UKPK in coyote G10?

I absolutely agree. What a splendid idea. Sal, take my money :D
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

UrbanMoose wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am
cycleguy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 pm

CG

Others are free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's to do with being able to mold the more pliable FRN in such a way that a full spacer wasn't needed, and the forked spring meant the back-spacer stays flush with the scales when opening and closing the knife.
Thanks!!!

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Deezildude

Post by Deezildude »

Approaching August 2019 and I'm still holding my breath for a dark gray G10 Maxamet drop point UKPK. Heck any G10 will do, I'll even settle for a leaf shape.

Please make it happen so I can die a happy man 😆