H1 Spyderhawks

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: H1 Spyderhawks

Post by VashHash »

Vivi wrote:Whenever these come out one is going straight into my pocket. Only question is do I pair it with my Pacific Salt or Manix XL??? Maybe Chinook 4? :D
Pair it with another spyderhawk. You can never have too many.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:
Vivi wrote:Whenever these come out one is going straight into my pocket. Only question is do I pair it with my Pacific Salt or Manix XL??? Maybe Chinook 4? :D
Pair it with another spyderhawk. You can never have too many.
Again I'm telling all of you that the original VG-10 SPYDERHAWK ( 2003 vintage) was probably one of the most overlooked Spyderco models ever. It's true that reintroducing the Spyderhawk in the H-1 Salt Series took it to another level>> but the original VG-10 unit was a really good one as well.

Not to mention that the blue handled, plain edged VG-10 Spyderhawk is probably one of the 5 most sought after collector pieces out there.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I sure would like one of the blue handled spyderhawks but I'm content with the ones i have and the new sprint coming. Just gotta convince sal to do a VG-10 PE run now. I say give it 5 more years and we can do it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:I sure would like one of the blue handled spyderhawks but I'm content with the ones i have and the new sprint coming. Just gotta convince sal to do a VG-10 PE run now. I say give it 5 more years and we can do it.
Glad you brought that up VASH because if they also do a Sprint Run of the PE Spyderhawk then by all means I do wish they would do the plain edged variant in either VG-10 or better yet the new nitrogen based LC200N>> and I know my good Brother SURF would "high five' me on that one ;)

I liked the original VG-10 Spyderhawk in that they did both edge types in different handle colors which truly makes a lot of common sense when you think about it. I hope this upcoming Sprint Run of the Spyderhawk is so successful that it paves the way for the SPYDERHAWK to return to the main line up.

I truly believe it would also catapult their Hawkbill sales across the board. And it would result in more and more Hawkbill users as well.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Now that the Dragonfly 2 Salt Hawkbill is happening, my jonesing has increased.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

thombrogan wrote:Now that the Dragonfly 2 Salt Hawkbill is happening, my jonesing has increased.
Oh it's going to be better than that "THOM" :D Just like I said on the Dragonfly Hawkbill thread this is going to create a bigger demand for Hawkbills across the board.

With the huge success of the Ladybug Hawkbill I do believe that this Dragonfly Hawkbill is going to make people want to check out the bigger Hawkbills eventually. It's just flat out good news any way you look at it.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Nothing says Pumpkin Spice slicing like an H1 Spyderhawk in orange FRN scales.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

thombrogan wrote:Nothing says Pumpkin Spice slicing like an H1 Spyderhawk in orange FRN scales.
And THOM with your favorite holiday Halloween coming up you couldn't have a new Spyderco knife more apropos than an orange handled SPYDERHAWK with a nitrogen based blade steel for such a festive occasion :cool: It does seem like Orange & Black are pretty much the official colors of Halloween so an ORaNGe SPYDERHAWK in full SE could be the official folder of that type of holiday.

Speaking of "pumpkin spice" we also have Thanksgiving coming up in which an orange Spyderhawk would really impress your friends when you cut their pumpkin and pecan pies.

Thom I'm doing everything I can do to get this Sprint Spyderhawk off the ground. I do have a Sprint Run Hawkbill thread going at this time you might want to chime in on. But it seems that so far the two that are leading the survey are the Spyderhawk and G-10 Harpy. No surprise to me at all. It's coming THOM>> but don't quit asking for it because this is one squeaky wheel that I want oiled and greased both :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

We definitely need an update on this project.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

VashHash wrote:We definitely need an update on this project.
On the recent "Hawkbill Sprint" thread that I started a couple of days ago there are two Hawkbills that most people are asking for>> the two they want the most are the Spyderhawk and G-10 Harpy so far. But surprisingly there is one obscure that has a lot of mention on this thread>> that is the SUPERHAWK model. I always said that the SUPERHAWK would have been a big seller had they made it available in full Spyderedge.

But I'm saying all of that to let you all know the big demand for the Spyderhawk is there and growing. Yes this will come to fruition I have no doubt at all.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

I've got an orange Cara Cara 2 Rescue, but, yes, orange Spyderhawks for the holiday wins.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Unless I'm reading something wrong this sprint is already in the works. Sal if you could give some clarity it would be greatly appreciated.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

"Process started" is terrific news Sal. Any hints you would care to share at this time?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
vivi

Post by vivi »

Hope this one materializes in 2018!
:unicorn
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Vivi wrote:Hope this one materializes in 2018!
Oh it's going to happen Vivi I can assure you>> there's just too many people that want the Sprint Run Spyderhawk and a new run of the G-10 Harpy both. Both Hawkbills are legendary in Spyderco's history and are still highly sought after models.

I'm hoping that both will end up being back in the main line up again instead of Sprint runs. But if they only do Sprint Runs I won't complain I'll take what I can get.
vivi

Post by vivi »

If its a sprint run I'll just have to buy a lifetime supply :D
:unicorn
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Would love to see anything in regards to the Spyderhawk return actually. I own all the previous versions, and have 3 that I use and carry on a consistent bases. I cherish the limited edition blue that I own and would really like to see a new, full size hawk in either H1 or the new nitrogen based LC200N. Quite honestly, it can be in any flavor or edge IMO as long as it's the full sized 3.6" hawk blade or larger :D . Preference is the PE
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

dtoad wrote:Would love to see anything in regards to the Spyderhawk return actually. I own all the previous versions, and have 3 that I use and carry on a consistent bases. I cherish the limited edition blue that I own and would really like to see a new, full size hawk in either H1 or the new nitrogen based LC200N. Quite honestly, it can be in any flavor or edge IMO as long as it's the full sized 3.6" hawk blade or larger :D . Preference is the PE
Well "Dtoad" you're one of the very few that own one of the VG-10 PE blue handled versions. Those models are getting about as rare as a hen's tooth. I actually even have a "user" model of that bad boy myself. I only use it about once or twice a year but when I break it out I really love to play with it. That VG-10 blade hones to a very wicked edge. Last fall I used it to extract seeds from some fresh persimmons I got and it worked like a charm.

Yeah I would love to see a Sprint Run PE model in LC200N. Once the Spyderhawk returns as a Sprint Run I believe it will be in such high demand it will end up back in the main line up. But I do hope eventually we'll see a Spyderhawk with a G-10 handle.

Wouldn't a G-10 Spyderhawk along with a G-10 Harpy make an excellent gift set for the upcoming Christmas season :cool: ?
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

JD Spydo wrote:Wouldn't a G-10 Spyderhawk along with a G-10 Harpy make an excellent gift set for the upcoming Christmas season :cool: ?
Yes, yes.....

I have never owned a Harpy, but I can say I use the crap out of H1. The Spyderhawk due to H1 and blade size is at the top of my list.

Pic I have posted over in another thread to share the love :D

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

dtoad wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:Wouldn't a G-10 Spyderhawk along with a G-10 Harpy make an excellent gift set for the upcoming Christmas season :cool: ?
Yes, yes.....

I have never owned a Harpy, but I can say I use the crap out of H1. The Spyderhawk due to H1 and blade size is at the top of my list.
Excellent pick of an excellent Hawkbill model i. e. The Spyderhawk. You and my good Brother Surfingringo really inspire me when you all put up actual hard use pictures>> especially of the specialty knives like the H-1 Salt Series, Hawkbills and Reverse S. I think it's really important for the newer members of our Spyderville community to see first hand just what these great knives are capable of.

I'm going to explore my plain edge, blue handled, VG-10 Spyderhawk just to see how efficient it might be for cleaning fish and so forth. I'm starting to learn that Plain Edged Spyderhawks do indeed have viable uses to them but I'll always lean toward Spyderedged versions for really hard jobs. Case Closed

Again I really enjoy seeing a real live Spyderhawk in action. Thanks again for the great picture "dtoad" :cool: