Any info on the Techno 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bugs

Any info on the Techno 2

Post by Bugs »

Never got around to getting a Techno but now that a "2" is in the works I'm gonna opt for this. Anyone got any specs or info on the "2"?
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
dplafoll

Re: Any info on the Techno 2

Post by dplafoll »

We have no concrete info AFAIK, just that they're going to make one. Even that is only slightly more official than before; Sal told some folks at Blade Show '16 that they'd have made a Techno 2 by now except the first one was selling so well. The original Techno is based on Marcin Slysz's Mouse, and the Techno 2 will presumably be based on his updated Mouse 2. I've owned a Techno for a while, and it was my first expensive knife. I wanted it the first time I held it, and I am very excited about a Techno 2 with that new sick blade shape.

From a Google Images search:

Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
carl3989

Post by carl3989 »

I have both the Bowie and Techno and would love to see the Techno 2 of which you speak. Where did you see a photo please?
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

PiterM, who first introduced Spyderco to Marcin Slysz (if I recall correctly), posted some preview photos of the Mouse 2 two years ago on BladeForums.

Marcin Slysz's Instagram account shows a lot of what he's working on, and if you see something crop up with a SpyderHole, the chances are pretty high it's in the Spyderco pipeline.

Here's a video of the Mouse 2 from a collector:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTzRmVeWQU

Specs-wise, you're looking at a similar difference to when the CRK Small Sebenza got the Insingo blade, and maybe some weight variance if they go with the standoffs vs backspacer.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Sal definitely said that they weren't that motivated as the Techno was still a great seller, but in the last month he also said:
sal wrote:Eric has it on his list. His designs are popular with our customers so it will eventually be built. Eric opted for the Chef first, then the Techno 2, then the swayback.

sal
I hope they use the same thickness blade stock as on the Mouse 2 (thinner than the Techno), but go FFG.

A Slysz Rat with a Spydiehole would be a dream come true, but I'm sure its a long shot with the the Mouse2 and Swayback in line already.

Rat

Swayback
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

That Swayback is SWEET!
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

If the Techno 2 has a blade length just under 2.5", standoffs instead of a backspacer and a replaceable insert that serves as an overtravel stop for the lockbar, like the Dice, count me in.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

What are the dimensions of the Mouse 2? How do the dimensions of the Mouse compare with the Techno? Maybe the relationship will be similar between the Mouse 2 a d the Techno 2.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

What are the dimensions of the Mouse 2? How do the dimensions of the Mouse compare with the Techno? Maybe the relationship will be similar between the Mouse 2 a d the Techno 2.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I wish this was a back lock and the handles weren't metal. Love the design.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I wish this was a back lock and the handles weren't metal. Love the design.
Ditto on the handles. I always find the untextured ti handles don't work well for me.

I'd take a texture like the Chapparal or Native though. Those work pretty well in my hand.

I'm so-so on the backlock idea. I definitely prefer it to the frame lock (almost my least favorite locking mechanism) but I understand why this design uses it.

I'll wait and see what the next version looks like, but I'm guessing I'll pass on that one as well. Different strokes of different folks, and there are plenty of nice knives that do float my boat. :)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The frame lock and the smooth handles kept me from buying the techno 1 on a few different occasions, I'm drawn to the design though, could never pull the trigger.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:A Slysz Rat with a Spydiehole would be a dream come true.
Based on that pic that's the Slysz I would opt for!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

I'm hoping the Techno 2 comes out later this year, I want one!
:spyder:
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

What's the deal with the price of the Techno? Why is it so expensive?
The Techno 2 looks beautiful but if it's also ridiculously priced, I can't justify buying it.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I really like the blade shape on the mouse2, i hope that they stick to this on the Techno2. Of course, I think I'd prefer the Swayback more though, I'd rather that was next on the list.
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Bugs

Post by Bugs »

I really like the design of the "2". If they come close to looking like the mouse 2 it will be on my to buy list. That swayback is nice too.
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
bryan123

Post by bryan123 »

The blade length limit in the municipality where I work is 2.5". I almost pulled the trigger on the Techno a couple of times but held back because the blade is a little too thick IMO.

I hope the Techno 2's blade is just a little shorter and thinner and I'm getting one.
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bryan123 wrote:
I hope the Techno 2's blade is just a little shorter and thinner and I'm getting one.
I hope it is thinner as well
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb