Manix2 Backlock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mattman

Re: Manix2 Backlock!

Post by mattman »

VinylAddict wrote:
mattman wrote:
VinylAddict wrote:
Why aren't there more liner-less G-10 offerings?
They're coming... They just switched the Native to linerless as a running change. I believe there's more coming...
Yes, I linked that Native 5 liner-less G-10 in about two posts ago...look up! :D

Yup... Some times the emphasis in my head doesn't come through my keyboard...

I was trying to point out that it was just changed out of the blue, and not released as a separate SKU, or an updated SKU...
gmhauy

Post by gmhauy »

VinylAddict wrote:Hi -

My question is simple - it appears from searching the net that there seems to be a few happy owners of this knife, and found a few threads discussing it. But what is odd is that nobody took the time to write a user review about it! There are literally two reviews out on a Google search - I think one at BladeHQ and one at KnifeCenter. The user reviews are conspicuous in their absence - most of the popular knives of course will have many.
This was kind of a user review - although I should update it now after one year using the backlock (and still very happy with the knife I should say) : //forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=74298

Gerard
VinylAddict

Post by VinylAddict »

gmhauy wrote:
VinylAddict wrote:Hi -

My question is simple - it appears from searching the net that there seems to be a few happy owners of this knife, and found a few threads discussing it. But what is odd is that nobody took the time to write a user review about it! There are literally two reviews out on a Google search - I think one at BladeHQ and one at KnifeCenter. The user reviews are conspicuous in their absence - most of the popular knives of course will have many.
This was kind of a user review - although I should update it now after one year using the backlock (and still very happy with the knife I should say) : //forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=74298

Gerard
Gerard - yes I did see that before - nice job. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Post office says I will receive my Manix 2 backlock on Monday. Looking forward to Monday.
Calgary on the Bow
SG89

Post by SG89 »

nevermind
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
mjdragonfly wrote:Post office says I will receive my Manix 2 backlock on Monday. Looking forward to Monday.
if you are in the US, post office is closed Monday feb 19th due to holiday
Thanks for letting me know that's very kind of you! Fortunately for me I am north of the 49th in Calgary Alberta.

https://youtu.be/h81Ojd3d2rY
Calgary on the Bow
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Let us know when you get it. This is a superior knife. I use mine all the time.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Doc Dan wrote:Let us know when you get it. This is a superior knife. I use mine all the time.
will do, I have a feeling this is going to be a very fine knife and that it will be a keeper. I would guess that if the back lock Manix 2 is popular (and it should be given its heritage) that this will result in more new steels being made available in this particular model (so long as there is enough interest).
My first locking knife was a back lock and I stayed with that lock until the Manix 2 LW in Maxamet with the ball bearing lock. I never had any fancy knives like the Spyderco before. My previous best knife was a small folding Portland made Gerber with a back lock (similar looking to a mini swager but older) which I just recently gifted to a friend. That knife had a closed length of about 3.5" with 420 HC blade and I really liked it a lot.
Calgary on the Bow
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, your choice of the Manix 2 BL will be are real surprise. It is light years beyond what you have experienced.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Doc Dan wrote:Well, your choice of the Manix 2 BL will be are real surprise. It is light years beyond what you have experienced.
Unfortunatly I don't see much love for the BL Manix2, Doc. We see CBBL Manix2 sprint runs are pooring but none for the BL variant.I still pray for a CPM-Cru Wear sprint.There are no exclusives also. I wonder if it's a poor seller :confused:
Last edited by elena86 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I hope not. Some people have the idea that a linerlock or CBBL are better locks and the back lock is old fashioned. Others simply like to flick their knives so they choose a knife based on that criterion rather than practicality. The back lock is still superior in strength, can be opened and shut with one hand (especially on a Spyderco) with the same movement as a liner lock, and is more secure since the back lock does not rely upon a detent.

Also, I have owned variants of the Manix 2 but the back lock version is the better knife in fit and finish and in construction details.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Doc Dan wrote:Well, your choice of the Manix 2 BL will be are real surprise. It is light years beyond what you have experienced.
Thanks Doc Dan, I got that feeling as soon as I looked at pictures of this knife. Some of the Spyderco knives just scream out quality above and beyond their every day high standard. Different knives do that in different ways some like this Manix 2 backlock and the Gayle Bradley 2 do it with the build workmanship along with fit finish and quality of materials while others like the Dragonfly 2 Delica 4 and Endura 4 do it with form function and superb ergonomics. I am hoping to see some sprint run Delica this year so that I can obtain some special steels at a good price in a knife that I will be happy to use on a regular basis.
Last edited by mjdragonfly on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary on the Bow
felloffthetruck

Post by felloffthetruck »

Need to order one of these.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes, you do.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

felloffthetruck wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 am
Need to order one of these.
They need to sprint one of these
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I didn't think I'd love mine as I've always been more of a native and para2 fan than a manix fan, but this thing just won't leave my pocket.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!