Name the spyderco you can't pull trigger on

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SF Native

Name the spyderco you can't pull trigger on

Post by SF Native »

So, I have been eyeing the fluted ti native for a long time and just can't seem to pull the trigger. I looks really good and would have a nice place in my collection.
What knife do you have trouble pulling the trigger on?
Evil D

Re: Name the spyderco you can't pull trigger on

Post by Evil D »

Oh there are lots. Far more that I can't than ones that I can and eventually do. There are some surprising ones that I expected to like and just didn't.

Native 5
Para 3 (and 2 for many years)
Manix 2 XL
Gayle Bradley 1 and 2

I could go on and on. I could also make a list of knives I never had any interest in buying but have ended up loving.

Manix 2
Military
Nilakka
Southard
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

The slysz Bowie, only because my wife might kill me at this point :eek:
Josh
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The Techno, have had an attraction to it since i first saw it, but my rational side says "It's built like someone took a Zeb Macahan Bowie blade blank and whittled it down to lilliput size, and what's with the blue backspacer?? I mean BLUE? Come on.. And besides i don't like 3 1/2 finger handles"
Still there are days my mouse pointer hovers over the "buy" button :)
Of course there's a plethora of models i will not pull the trigger on because i don't like them much/at all, but i interpreted the question as for knives you kinda want.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Yojimbo 2
Fluted Ti Military
40th Anniversary Native
Kudzu

Post by Kudzu »

I'm intrigued by the Battlestation, which is a knife that doesn't get a lot of attention. I've had it in my shopping cart 4-5 times over the last year, and just can't push the button. I like short blades in substantial handles, so that's great, and I'm drawn to the funky design, but it looks like it would be a terrible slicer.
attila

Post by attila »

Manix 2 LW in S110V for fear of the wife as well. Well, I did warn her that I want to buy one sometime this year, so I might be able to get away with it sooner rather than later...

The Cruwear CF Manix 2 exclusive, M390 PM2 exclusive, and a Chaparral (in that order) I can't convince myself of because they're all too pricey for me at this stage.

I realize my list may not give others pause, but I have always been one to make practical purchases, and I don't need another knife.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

abbazaba wrote:Yojimbo 2
Fluted Ti Military
40th Anniversary Native

The fluted Military is a huge one on my list because I love the Military and absolutely love the fluted titanium but the added weight is a big turn off and for the price and how I use the Military it's just not a good combination for me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Larry_Mott wrote: I interpreted the question as for knives you kinda want.
Yes, knives you want and would suit your needs.
I don't have as much use for really big knives, so the military and tatanka are not on my list.

I like my techno, btw. Not spectacular but it goes in the pocket fairly frequently. May not suit your needs.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

murphjd25 wrote:The slysz Bowie
This ^
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

For some reason, I really just can't pull the trigger on the Salt I. It's not too expensive or anything, I just tend to gravitate towards something else whenever I'm buying something new. I'll try to get one before the handle update though.

And the Autonomy has always been at the top of my "want list", but I can't 'legally' carry it, so i've been reluctant to spend the money for it.
-Nick :bug-red
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

The Rubicon (especially the original). Always loved the look and general "absurdity" if you will of the knife and there is just something about it that turns my crank. But I just don't need something that beefy, especially for the price. Not harping on the price, just saying it would be more of a pleasure thing for me than a needed use thing so I can live without it.

The Ouroborus. I think it looks like a fantastic design and checks a lot of boxes for me but I just can't past the price point. One glance at one of my Delicas is all it takes to cause me to shrug my shoulders and not place the order.
bryan123

Post by bryan123 »

Techno. Concerned blade might be too thick /too long (2.5" legal limit). The more I use my DF2 the more I like it, so less likely to pull the Techno trigger.
Bryan
High speed low drag tactical operator immunologist philanthropist & bicyclist
Dragonfly 2 VG-10, Roadie, Bug, ZT 0450, Three Rivers LTC Nomad, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, RAT 1 AUS-8, SAK Super Tinker, Cadet, Rover, Classic SD, Opinel 0008 & 6 Tactical Weapon System, LM Original PST, Micra, 1967 Camillus Cub Scout restored by Rock USA Cutlery, Buck 380, Nick Shabazz autographed Z-Hunter, Snake Eyes Tactical Gas Station Knife
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
This ^
Your only regret will be not buying it sooner! :)
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

The Mantra 1. It has a blade shaped like a Delica, just a little larger, and no finger choil. Just sweet, sweet cutting edge back to the handle. These are the attributes that draw me to it.

I didn't buy one because: metal handle, framelock, and non-stainless blade.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The one I regret waiting so long to buy was Yojimbo 2 (I kept hoping for a sprint), I'm very happy I broke down and got the s30v version. It hasn't left my pocket for more than a day or two since I bought it.

The one that gets kicked to the bottom of the list the most often is the Assist. I really want one for the car, but I keep finding others that I have to have first, so it gets pushed back. The ZDP delica is another one I have every intention of buying but i can't get to yet. They are at the back of my "to buy" list behind the 40th Anniv. native, the Maxamet Native, and the Jazz Delica in Hap40. That's well over half of my knife budget already. Then I want the karahawk, the lil nilakka, and caly3, carribean...... Too much to choose from is a good problem to have.
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

The Tusk.....I'm just not going to use that marlin spike.

I would have jumped in with the Karahawk (as I have an original Karambit) but the new blacked-out variant is super nice

All of the fixed blades aren't for me because I don't really DO fixed blades....My idea of bushcraft is staying in a hotel without wifi. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

abbazaba wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
This ^
Your only regret will be not buying it sooner! :)
Ugghhh I know... :sigh:
Josh
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

demoncase wrote:My idea of bushcraft is staying in a hotel without wifi. :D
LOL! :D I would go so far as "Sitting in a Winnebago at a camping site, hooked up to mains power with a cappucino, looking at the poor sods in tents"
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Para 3. It seemed awesome, but I never use my Para 2 because it always pinches me, and I know it would do the same. Also, the lanyard hole shouldn't be quite so big, and then also there would be room to move the clip back a tad - not much - a tad. I don't like those insane deep pocket clips I see everywhere, but the Para 3 is too far out of the pocket for it's size.
- best wishes, Jazz.