Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knife Knut

Re: Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

Post by Knife Knut »

sal wrote: Saws have questions......a 3" wood saw doesn't cut much, a 3" hacksaw probably has more function overall......but most customers think of a wood saw when they think "saw"........so what to do?
sal
Just spitballing here, but a hacksaw blade with teeth coarse enough to cut wood maybe? I know the lower tpi ones in my workshop often get used for wood.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Where is my lw chap xhp? My Manix2 LW xhp would like a baby brother. :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
timlara

Post by timlara »

MacLaren wrote:The Paul Alexander model really caught my eye.
Agreed! It's really the standout of the bunch for me this year. I think a lot of people are chomping at the bit to buy it.
Tim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

timlara wrote:
Agreed! It's really the standout of the bunch for me this year. I think a lot of people are chomping at the bit to buy it.
Is this one a ways off Tim? Kinda read like it was.
Would love to see it have CTS-204P.
timlara

Post by timlara »

MacLaren wrote:
timlara wrote:
Is this one a ways off Tim? Kinda read like it was.
Would love to see it have CTS-204P.
No idea...The picture from this thread was labeled "Production Sample" which makes me think that means "almost ready to make a whole bunch if no major problems are identified", but only Sal and Co. can say for sure...and in my experience, Sal is smart enough to never say much until they've got the final knives in house for quality control inspections.

I'm a little worried that the recent brouhaha about the problems with bearings in some of the flippers is going to delay production on the Paul Alexander piece, but then again, I'm willing to wait if it means I'll be getting the best quality possible. Been spending way too much money as of late anyway!

And yes, I'd LOVE to see CTS-204P as it's my favorite steel. That would elevate this piece from "must buy" to "grail" status and I'd happily pay a premium for the upgrade as I do notice a pretty big difference in how long my CTS-204P PM2 stays sharp compared to my S30V version.
Tim
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Absolutely Tim. I don't mind at all to pay a little extra for a steel like 204p. My favorite as well buddy.
Thanx for all the info too!:)