Spyderco Official Discussion Facebook page is up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Halfneck

Re: Spyderco Official Discussion Facebook page is up

Post by Halfneck »

I joined if only because Facebook is easier to look at on my phone than the internet. Added bonus - the more knife content (and other things I like) I have scrolling across my Facebook feed, the less political crap I have to see.
samsat

Post by samsat »

How long before being approved on this group?
I sent my request last week and it still shows pending.
Streak

Post by Streak »

Ha, I remembered my old registration. I posted the message above as samsat, I registered streak in 2010 and while I did not post much it's good to use the originally registered account to show I am not a total newbie.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Streak wrote:Ha, I remembered my old registration. I posted the message above as samsat, I registered streak in 2010 and while I did not post much it's good to use the originally registered account to show I am not a total newbie.
You're still a noob with your one measly post :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Welcome (back) to the forum!

As for that Facebook page....man I've got a love/hate relationship with it. Seems I go a couple weeks with it and then unfollow it, then get curious again and follow it and the cycle repeats. To say it's nothing like the forum is an understatement...there is more ignorant misinformation on that group than I've seen the entire time I've been on this forum.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Streak

Post by Streak »

Oh OK. I don't really need to be on the FB group.
I have been involved with Spyderco for very many years.
Was responsible for introducing them to their distributor in my old home country of South Africa.
I have been to visit Sal and family in Golden and have a bunch of interesting knives some a little more rare than others.
I thought it's time I posted a couple of photos just for interest sake and the FB interface makes it very easy to do so.
I could do it here, or https://www.facebook.com/Spyderco/ or https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpydercoOfficialGroup/ or https://www.facebook.com/groups/1626991017561904/ very confusing about al these FB groups.

What do you suggest?
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Zuckerberg is too creepy for me.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I don’t know if I’m getting older, or if I’m less tolerant, or both, but I’ve found recently there is a lot of negativity and foul language on the Facebook groups lately. People arguing, swearing, calling each other names, etc. It’s not so bad on the official page, but on the others it’s getting particularly nasty. Even on the main page there is hostility though. It would be nice if there was a jerk filter or something on there. It makes me appreciate the Spyderco Forum that much more really. I just wish it was as easy to post pictures here as it is on Facebook.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra