Where to find a spyderco leafstorm?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lee3

Where to find a spyderco leafstorm?

Post by Lee3 »

Hi everyone i am lee. Although this is my first post, i have been reading the forum as a guest for quite some time.
So here is a question that i really hope the nice gents here can help me with.
Where can i get a new or like-new spyderco leafstorm with a reasonable price?i own many great spyderco folders like the para3 delica4 dragonflyG10 and so on, but the first time when i saw the leafstorm i immediately fell in love with its shape and design and i just have to get my hands on it. Sadly it has been discontinued and i couldn't find it with a reasonable price. Will you kind spyderco lovers help me with it ? Thank you very much!
farnorthdan

Re: Where to find a spyderco leafstorm?

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Lee, I'd say you best bet is to keep checking the Bay, they seem to pop up there from time to time.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

Looks like there is one on ebay right now. As for reasonable price, that might be hard since that knife is discontinued and it's pretty desirable. No doubt a really cool knife, but you will be lucky to find one for even MSRP these days. Good luck in your search!
:spyder:
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

What price do you think is "reasonable"?

I haven't seen one lately for less than $200 in like new condition.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Would you settle for a Jade M4 native 5 sprint?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Lee3

Post by Lee3 »

Daniel wrote:What price do you think is "reasonable"?

I haven't seen one lately for less than $200 in like new condition.
i think around 200. there is one on ebay right now calling for 450 which is just crazy. i can settle for a like-new condition tho
Lee3

Post by Lee3 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Would you settle for a Jade M4 native 5 sprint?
i will check that out. but i really like the blade shape of the leadstorm and that 2.5inch size is just perfect for me to carry everyday.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Lee3 wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:Would you settle for a Jade M4 native 5 sprint?
i will check that out. but i really like the blade shape of the leadstorm and that 2.5inch size is just perfect for me to carry everyday.
Welcome to the forum btw. I should point out, they don't actually make a jade native 5 (yet), I was wishing out loud. I always liked the look of the leafstorm, but like you, I was not willing to spend the aftermarket price. The only jade g-10 knife coming out is the exclusive military (blade hq i think), big difference in size from the leafstorm though. Sorry.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
AlwaysTomboy

Post by AlwaysTomboy »

Leafstorm is one of few Spydercos that I wish I'd bought a second as backup when they were still in production. It's a great little knife and was my EDC for years. FWIW, Techno is very similar in size/shape/ergos and is also a framelock with S30V steel, but it has a different blade grind, and of course no pretty jade G-10. It's about a full ounce heavier, too. :-/ I've seen custom scales for the Techno, but only other metals. I wonder if you could put G-10 on that front scale to better mimic the look and feel of Leafstorm?

Dice has a 2.5" leaf shaped blade with a frame lock, but it's a different steel, different grind and different ergos. That's not helpful, is it? Sorry. :o

Good luck to you in your search.
(Sent from iPod)
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

If you post a WTB on bladeforums you should get some offers. I think I have one in a box somewhere, but I'm in Norway so I don't really sell/trade to the US.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

How much is a custom?
Danke

Post by Danke »

Hit up Kevin Wilkins for info.

http://wilkins-knives.com/leafstorm