2017 OKCA Oregon Knife Show April 8-9

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydersense

Re: 2017 OKCA Oregon Knife Show April 8-9

Post by Spydersense »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Bags are packed! I'll be heading out on the road tonight at 2 am. See you all there.
Safe travels! See you Saturday!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

What a great show today! So many great people and Spydies!

-Matt
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Pics anyone?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

There should be some pics coming in the next couple days I would expect but not from me because I am always bad at pulling out my phone and taking photos. It was a long day for most of us filled with great knives and even better company. It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful people that the Spyderco brand/family attracts to it. Everyone I met at the show felt like friends I had known for years even if it was the first time we had met. I just want to say thank you to all the new and old friends I met up with at the show, thank you to the Spyderco family Sal & Gail, Eric, wife & son (I apologize I didn't get there names and you may not want them on a public forum), Kelley, Joyce and Rebecca. I know the strains it causes to take of your weekend time for your company and I think I can speak for all of us that attended the show that we can't convey how much we appreciate you giving your time to attend the OKCA and share yourselves and knives with us.

Thank You Spyderco.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Yes, the show was a hoot! Went yesterday with my brother. Drove in from Prineville and it was dicey coming over the mountains in the snow. Two nasty wrecks near th summit but we made it. The amount of knives was amazing! Found one of my Grail knives and a few others so life is good. Look forward to going back next year. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Admittedly, talking to Sal, Eric, Gail, the rest of the crew, and fellow forumites was the highlight of my day. I'm not much of a photograper, so I'll leave most of the photos up to other posters, if they are inclined.

As usual the prototypes/production samples etc. were awesome! So many great things on the horizon.

Thanks go out to spyderwa for making these two rare gems available to add to my collection:

And thanks to Radioactive Spyder for pointing them out to me. :)

-Matt
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Nice finds man!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Larry_Mott wrote:Nice finds man!

Thanks Larry!

-Matt
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man I completely skim read that post and just about lost my mind thinking they were bringing back the CF Kopa and white FRN.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ferris Wheels wrote:There should be some pics coming in the next couple days I would expect but not from me because I am always bad at pulling out my phone and taking photos. It was a long day for most of us filled with great knives and even better company. It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful people that the Spyderco brand/family attracts to it. Everyone I met at the show felt like friends I had known for years even if it was the first time we had met. I just want to say thank you to all the new and old friends I met up with at the show, thank you to the Spyderco family Sal & Gail, Eric, wife & son (I apologize I didn't get there names and you may not want them on a public forum), Kelley, Joyce and Rebecca. I know the strains it causes to take of your weekend time for your company and I think I can speak for all of us that attended the show that we can't convey how much we appreciate you giving your time to attend the OKCA and share yourselves and knives with us.

Thank You Spyderco.
I was going to attempt to write something nice and heart felt but Ferris Wheels has already nailed exactly how I feel.

I will add that as a huge Spyderco fan I could not have asked for a better experience. It was a trip I'll remember for the rest of my life. I'll be back next year!

Thank you Spyderco crew!

Donovan
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

I very much enjoyed speaking with many of you. YOU are what brings US to the OKCA Show! There is not much in life more more enjoyable than talking knives with knife folk. Thank you all for your time at the show and your friendship. Hope to see you again next year. :D

Joyce
spyderwa

Post by spyderwa »

As always, it is always great to meet with Spyderco Forum members. You are all a great community with a common interest in sharp things. The Oregon show is unique in the access that it allows to the Spyderco creators as well as the ability to meet "like" minds. Already looking forward to nest year.

spyderwa

Rare and Unusual Spyderco Website
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
Attachments
2017-4-10 OKCA Show Eugene OR (15) a.jpg
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Thank you for another great year.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

This certainly sounds like a great show, I might have to save up (and negotiate at home ;) ) to see if I can visit it sometimes!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Evil D wrote:Man I completely skim read that post and just about lost my mind thinking they were bringing back the CF Kopa and white FRN.
You and me both.