ETA on Maxamet Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

ETA on Maxamet Native?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I know these things take time, but does anyone have news on when the Maxamet natives might finally be dropping? I thought they'd be out a month ago, were there CQI problems? Not trying to rush, just trying to plan my monthly knife budget :o
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TheKnifeCollector

Re: ETA on Maxamet Native?

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I would like to know this too. I have one on pre-order.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

Me too please
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'd pre-order one if I had an ETA otherwise I'm picking up the new wharndelica. I can only afford so many at a time :o and I keep expecting the Maxamet Native to drop any minute and don't want to miss it, I really want to try maxamet for edc use and in that regard my edc tasks and pocket carry set up require a smaller knife than the Manix or I'd get one of those. I like the blade choil and the filipino grip friendly flat back of the native 5. I've got the never summer native and it's been a nice addition to the delica and tasman in my left hand edc rotation.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think that it was supposed to have dropped about three weeks ago. Seriously.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

Kind of a sidenote, anyone know if these will be produced later (along with the Maxamet manix) in a G10 configuration? Oh and *ahem* *Cough* Maxamet PM2* *ahem*

The more i learn about Maxamet the more I become very inclined to try one of these once they become more regularly available.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ippon wrote:Kind of a sidenote, anyone know if these will be produced later (along with the Maxamet manix) in a G10 configuration? Oh and *ahem* *Cough* Maxamet PM2* *ahem*

The more i learn about Maxamet the more I become very inclined to try one of these once they become more regularly available.
g10-would be cool. I like the Idea of a Maxamet PM2, but seriously there's like 20 different PM2 variants on the market. How about a Maxamet Yojimbo 2 !!?!

425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

I have one on preorder as well (along with the Caly 3 in Hap40), have a spot waiting for them in my display case so hopefully they start shipping soon :D
:spyder:
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Ippon wrote:Kind of a sidenote, anyone know if these will be produced later (along with the Maxamet manix) in a G10 configuration? Oh and *ahem* *Cough* Maxamet PM2* *ahem*

I think that's the plan. Eric said something to that effect when interviewed at SHOT Show. I wonder if slower sales could derail that plan. I have to wonder if the big price bump is deterring sales. Obviously people will buy a Para2 in Maxamet. That's a given. :)
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

ABX2011 wrote:

I think that's the plan. Eric said something to that effect when interviewed at SHOT Show. I wonder if slower sales could derail that plan. I have to wonder if the big price bump is deterring sales. Obviously people will buy a Para2 in Maxamet. That's a given. :)
Yea, and that Pm2 would go quick. Personally I'd like to buy a Pm3 with the Maxamet. And am kinda sad that I missed the boat on the Maxamet mule team too, wish they still had those available.
:spyder:
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

I want a Maxamet Fixed blade Temperance maybe sprint run or with a 6" blade. I would absolutely buy 2 and maybe even 3. I really like Maxamet!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

zmax.jpg

Ippon

Post by Ippon »

First we'll make snow angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we'll eat a whole roll of tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish we'll snuggle.

"Buddy....

Buddy.....

The Maxamet Native isn't out yet....."

" :o Oh..."
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Lulz

AwayFromMySpydieHole

Post by AwayFromMySpydieHole »

Any news on this?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've seen it inch it's way closer to the top on the comming soon page at blade hq, not sure if that's any indication but it looks like it's 5th on the list of upcoming behind the mini vallaton, zome DFly, and para 3 variants. Honestly, I could use another month or two to save up, I just bought a 40th anniv. yesterday (I can't believe places still have them in stock :cool: ).

Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

I keep buying manix 2 in mexamet I have 5 now. I blade traded and pimped one. Loaned one to Gayle Bradley who also now has a pre order for a native 5 in maxamet. Lots of back ups to boot. Although I do not think I will ever use them all up. I love Maxamet! The native is just taking so long to get here with no word when or why.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'm looking forward to this one too.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Mic1 wrote:I keep buying manix 2 in mexamet I have 5 now. I blade traded and pimped one. Loaned one to Gayle Bradley who also now has a pre order for a native 5 in maxamet. Lots of back ups to boot. Although I do not think I will ever use them all up. I love Maxamet! The native is just taking so long to get here with no word when or why.
5? That's a good endorsement. Got any pics of the pimped manix?
It has been a while, I have so many knives on the list this year though, the delay gives me a little relief. Mostly I'm just curious what the issue was, or whether they are just busy (they are putting out a lot of knives this year after all).

Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mic1 wrote:I keep buying manix 2 in mexamet I have 5 now. I blade traded and pimped one. Loaned one to Gayle Bradley who also now has a pre order for a native 5 in maxamet. Lots of back ups to boot. Although I do not think I will ever use them all up. I love Maxamet! The native is just taking so long to get here with no word when or why.
5? That's a good endorsement. Got any pics of the pimped manix?
It has been a while, I have so many knives on the list this year though, the delay gives me a little relief. Mostly I'm just curious what the issue was, or whether they are just busy (they are putting out a lot of knives this year after all).

Here you go Maxamet Grenade I sanded down the bumps on the spine and the finger area so they are comfortable to hold now, added aftermarket scales and back spacer, also the pin which I remove when I carry it.
IMG_3015.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3012.JPG