New to Spyderco! Help me pick one

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
demoncase

Re: New to Spyderco! Help me pick one

Post by demoncase »

MysteryNotes wrote:You guys are terrible influences :P
I need to keep my wallet safe from you all!
Shhhhhh......Just let it happen. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

MysteryNotes wrote:Thank you everyone who has replied me, I appreciate all of your help!

I dropped by my local dealer earlier today and finally decided on the Native G10.

Pic!

Couldn't resist the build and weight of the knife. This little beastie came wonderfully sharp right out of the box too, a little touch up and it was push cutting paper with only slight pressure!
Enjoying my first Spyderco already, however there is one little thing.
The "spyderhole" used to flip it open is rather too sharp to open comfortably, I have been thinking of purchasing some high grit sandpaper to smoothen the edges of the hole so it doesn't feel so sharp.

Do you gentlemen(and ladies, if any) have any other suggestion for me instead of sandpaper?

*should also mention that I'm waiting on the para3 and wharncliffe delica to appear at the shop too :p*
Very nice choice! Congratulations.

The crisp edge can actually help deployment, but I have lightly sanded some edges when it's too sharp. I've found 1500b to work well for that.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MysteryNotes,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
OakTree

Post by OakTree »

MysteryNotes wrote: The "spyderhole" used to flip it open is rather too sharp to open comfortably, I have been thinking of purchasing some high grit sandpaper to smoothen the edges of the hole so it doesn't feel so sharp.
Don't do it (yet). I thought my Delica hole was too sharp at first and thought about sanding it but I didn't and now I think it's perfect.
Give it a couple of months and if you still think it's too sharp, sand it.
425KRS

Post by 425KRS »

My answer is: Get them all!
:spyder:
MysteryNotes

Post by MysteryNotes »

sal wrote:Hi MysteryNotes,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks for the welcome Sal!

@OakTree - After a couple days of handling the knife, I've found that the sharp edge on the spyderhole doesn't bother me much now, and I am appreciating the grip it gives when opening it up.

@425KRS - My mind is telling me yes, but my wallet is screaming "noooooo!" extremely loudly :p

At first I thought the knife was rather stiff, but its broken in nicely, and I can now easily open and close it with one hand!