Delica Wharncliffe Has Dropped (pics)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

Delica Wharncliffe Has Dropped (pics)

Post by dplafoll »

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskTj3uMD

It's a Delica, but it has a Wharncliffe blade. And that's not a smart-a** sentence; that's just exactly what it is and feels like. There's just not much to talk about really. I will say that, while closed, both the PE and SE versions look identical. Also, when closed, it reminds me of a closed Sage.

ImageUntitled by dplafoll, on Flickr

Also, ARK SpyderEdge.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
WireEdge Roger

Re: Delica Wharncliffe Has Dropped (pics)

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Nice! I'm drawn to the serrated version. That serrated ARK is a looker as well. Both look to have the less snaggy serration pattern.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine will be dropping by my house tomorrow!
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

But, how do you like it?
- best wishes, Jazz.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Jazz wrote:But, how do you like it?
Oh I like it. I love my Delica, and I'm sure this one is fantastic and an incredible working knife. But it's not like there's anything for me to reveal about the ergos of the handle, and I can't really do any cutting tests with a store knife. :D

I can say that I think it's kinda weird looking, but in a way that I like. If I had disposable income to just buy knives to try out I'd almost certainly get one, maybe even the serrated version. But right now I'm saving my pennies for the HAP40 Caly3.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Cool. I thought you bought it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you for the pictures, Patrick. It is always helpful to see Knife"in-hand" pictures for size reference. That Ark looks pretty nifty too.

Congrats again, Jazz. It has to be a good feeling to see this knife on the market! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
zeroed4x

Post by zeroed4x »

Wow, looks like I have to start buying Delicas again.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Thanks, and thank Sal and Eric. I'm just really happy they felt it was worthy of their effort. I can't wait to get some users!
- best wishes, Jazz.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

New Graham has a few in stock. I want to buy one today, though I too am saving for that HAP40 Caly3. I'm glad the Jazz Delica will be a regular production, which ensures that I will have time to buy one eventually :)

Edit: new graham has both pe and se available. Though only 2 pe left as of this post...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm hoping for some second market regrinds of these like the kahr arms delica.
edit*I hope no offense Jazz :o I want a normal one too! I'm very tempted to go SE*
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Happy birthday Jazz! You must be such a proud papa. It looks great. I was thinking that the q-ball on order would preclude me from getting one of these, but the q-ball doesn't come in spyder edge, now does it! We can always use a little more spyder edge in our lives...

Thanks to Patrick for once again being our man on the scene. You should really be in journalism...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I'm hoping for some second market regrinds of these like the kahr arms delica.
edit*I hope no offense Jazz :o I want a normal one too! I'm very tempted to go SE*
None taken. I'm a bit of a modder myself. Do you just mean chopped of flatly like the Kahr?
- best wishes, Jazz.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Jazz wrote:Cool. I thought you bought it.
Oh, ok gotcha. Not yet. ;) Believe me, if/when I buy a new release, I'll definitely make mention of that, then post more info when I've had a chance to use it.
SF Native wrote:Thanks to Patrick for once again being our man on the scene. You should really be in journalism...
Thanks, and you are very welcome! I'm just glad to provide a public service to my fellow addicts enthusiasts. :D
Patrick LaFollette
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

I'm pretty excited, mine's in the mail right now. I'll put up a "first look" video once it lands.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

What does it look like closed and next to a regular Delica??? Pics?? John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

jmh58 wrote:What does it look like closed and next to a regular Delica??? Pics?? John
Closed: in the album.
Next to a regular Delica: in the album.
Both closed and next to a regular Delica: In the album twice, but not lying flat next to one another.
Patrick LaFollette
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Such a cool store
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

dplafoll wrote:
jmh58 wrote:What does it look like closed and next to a regular Delica??? Pics?? John
Closed: in the album.
Next to a regular Delica: in the album.
Both closed and next to a regular Delica: In the album twice, but not lying flat next to one another.
Thanks.. :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
harronek

Post by harronek »

Well I just purchased a plain edge one , and now the wait for it to travel halfway around the world begins .
The choice of which edge type to get caused me a few sleepless nights , but in the end logic prevailed and I admitted to myself I'm not a serated edge guy .
I'll probably end up with a serated one after a while , but I'll see how I like the plain first .
Me being me though It won't stay standard for very long , and I do have a set of Burnt Orange scales sitting doing nothing , HMmmmmmm a Burnt Orange Delica Wharncliffe I like the sound of that :)

Ken