Can anyone identify this C35 Q?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Can anyone identify this C35 Q?

Post by jabba359 »

I saw an interesting Q on eBay, without box so it doesn't have an identity and the blade doesn't seem to match any of the descriptions of the unpictured blades on the Spydiewiki (http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C35_Q). I like to call it "The Scream" Q, as it vaguely reminds me of Edvard Munch's painting by the same name.

Any thoughts on who it might have been made for?

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
The Deacon

Re: Can anyone identify this C35 Q?

Post by The Deacon »

According to Barry Carithers list, it was made for: Masque Sound & Recording and is described as an "Art Deco style human face mask among cutouts" .
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The Deacon wrote:According to Barry Carithers list, it was made for: Masque Sound & Recording and is described as an "Art Deco style human face mask among cutouts" .
Ah, that's it! I had searched for the term "face" on the Spydiewiki Q page and so didn't get a hit on that one. That descriptions seems to fit this design perfectly. Thanks for the assist Paul!
-Kyle

bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

For reference this specific example sold for $380 in used condition (blade chips / scratches), no clip, no box. Q collecting is a tough game to be in these days...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

bengaiser wrote:For reference this specific example sold for $380 in used condition (blade chips / scratches), no clip, no box. Q collecting is a tough game to be in these days...
A Venetia Mining Q (good condition, no box) sold for $449 and the 5 knife colored Q set just sold for $1178 today as well! :eek:
-Kyle

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jabba359 wrote:
bengaiser wrote:For reference this specific example sold for $380 in used condition (blade chips / scratches), no clip, no box. Q collecting is a tough game to be in these days...
A Venetia Mining Q (good condition, no box) sold for $449 and the 5 knife colored Q set just sold for $1178 today as well! :eek:
Glad I decided to stick with my decision that I have enough Q's and not stay up past my bedtime trying to snipe the Venetia Mining Q.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ranger2014

Post by Ranger2014 »

I can confirm the Deacon is correct, I was given one by the owner/founder of Masque Sound & Recording back in 2002 - I still have it, the blade has been used and is not as sharp as it was, I still have the original box and the registration paper work!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've heard that the "Jolly Roger" Q model is the most valuable and most sought after of all the Q knives. But I could be wrong because I only ever had two Q models and they both were Spydie models. I regret not keeping at least one of them but the trades I got from them were irresistible. The Q & original R models were truly some of the most interesting in early Spyder history.