New Spyderco Manix 2 ...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cmeisenzahl

New Spyderco Manix 2 ...

Post by cmeisenzahl »

I had one 6-7 years ago and foolishly sold it. Just got another with G10 sides and S30V steel. Heavy and built like a tank.

I especially love the lock. I'm not crazy about frame and liner locks.

This is my fav knife brand. I also have a Meerkat and Poliwog.

SG89

Re: New Spyderco Manix 2 ...

Post by SG89 »

Nice!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Very nice, it's a hard knife to beat.

Welcome to the forum!
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Love the Manix. Love how well it fits my hand, love the lock, its easy to flick and no lock stick. My favourite version is S110V in G10. S110V cut forever, is very stainless, skeletonized liner makes it lighter, still you have the heft of G10 that FRN simply can't provide. And I also like the unique colour very much.
Robob2367

Post by Robob2367 »

The Manix 2 was the first spyderco I bought and I love it! It's also what made me fall in love with spyderco.
zacmangray

Post by zacmangray »

I also purchased the s110v LW manix as my first spyderco, and I now have four with plans on buying another soon. Shortly after that purchase it was a new knife every month for awhile.
:spyder: LWManix2s110v,MuleTeamCPM4V,Dragonfly,
DLCorangePM2XHP,PurpleDragonfly,PurpleDelica,BBCEDelica,Caly3,BBManix2,DBs110vManix2 :spyder:
olywa

Post by olywa »

My first Manix 2 was the black G10 with S30V steel. However I didn't really love the Manix 2 until I picked up a LW Translucent Blue in BD1 steel. For me it is the ideal combination of balance, weight, ergonomics and utility. Even though it is a pretty large folder it seems to just disappear in my pocket. I love the wire clip but wish it was the deep carry design. Hmmmm.... I wonder if I could swap it out with a Sage clip?

Also wanted to mention how attractive I find the Translucent Blue handle. I'd love to see Spyderco bring out a Translucent Orange release, maybe with a black blade and clip.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I always like to hear someone marvel at a G10 Manix2 for the first time. Or a second time.

Such marveling reminds of what I do each time I unpocket one of mine during its EDC duty (had a Cruwear in pocket for several days before dropping in my SpydieChef).

The Manix2's blade shape really pleases my eye, and I have yet to find another Spyderco with better ergos.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”