Biggest Spyderco regret of 2016

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jmh58

Re: Biggest Spyderco regret of 2016

Post by jmh58 »

harronek wrote:You guys are making me feel a bit guilty now for owning three Hap40 Delicas :)

Ken
Well??? :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I kinda wanted a Cruwear Military. Was that even 2016?

In an odd sort of way I kind of regret having two 52100 Militaries since I can't seem to find a way to carry them without them bursting into rust. It's a shame because I love everything else about the steel but now they're sitting in their boxes coating with Vaseline while I EDC my S110V Military instead. It really makes me wish they'd do an AEB-L Military.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Evil D wrote:I kinda wanted a Cruwear Military. Was that even 2016?
Hah nooo, I think that was back in 2013. I know I scooped up the last one I could find at a dealer in early 2014. The Cruwear PM2 was 2016 though. Awesome steel, I recommend it!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

PayneTrain wrote:
Evil D wrote:I kinda wanted a Cruwear Military. Was that even 2016?
Hah nooo, I think that was back in 2013. I know I scooped up the last one I could find at a dealer in early 2014. The Cruwear PM2 was 2016 though. Awesome steel, I recommend it!

Oh right. I remember now because I sold my only two PE Militaries to buy the Cruwear version and then it came and sold out before I even knew it was available.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SF Native wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:No regrets for me. :)
Really, even I regret that the rhino didn't make it out in 2016...
;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I regret not buying the Knifeworks 204P Military when it was marked way down.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
jdw

Post by jdw »

Skipping the $150 K2.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Not getting a 52100 millie or hap 40 delica but at least I got some others that I've wanted for a long time :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Not ending up with one of the M4 Paramilitary 2's. I bought both when they dropped but both were so terrible in fit and finish that I unloaded both. Should have tried again. Now they are gone and no way I am paying people's inflated used prices. So, missed out on those two.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

WOW.. With all of us that missed the HAP40 Delica its no wonder they dont last long on the exchange!!! Sounds like another run???? :eek: John :D

Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Hey jmh58, I replied to your PM but it looks like it's stuck in my "outbox" for some reason. Did you get it? I'm not sure how to get it sent from the outbox if not.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Loosing my Ti Fluted Native. :( This happened just yesterday, in 2017, but nothing can be compared with this.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bh49 wrote:Loosing my Ti Fluted Native. :( This happened just yesterday, in 2017, but nothing can be compared with this.
Holy cow Roman, that is just awful! :( Hope you track it down!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Evil D wrote: Oh right. I remember now because I sold my only two PE Militaries to buy the Cruwear version and then it came and sold out before I even knew it was available.
Now there's a regret! :(
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
bh49 wrote:Loosing my Ti Fluted Native. :( This happened just yesterday, in 2017, but nothing can be compared with this.
I put it in my rear right pocket leaving home, never used and found missing when I get home. It is not in the car. Yesterday I spent a about half a day on the road and about half a day in the office. I will try, but it will be hard.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Spydersense wrote:Hey jmh58, I replied to your PM but it looks like it's stuck in my "outbox" for some reason. Did you get it? I'm not sure how to get it sent from the outbox if not.
Replied... John :)

paladin

Post by paladin »

bh49 wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
I put it in my rear right pocket leaving home, never used and found missing when I get home. It is not in the car. Yesterday I spent a about half a day on the road and about half a day in the office. I will try, but it will be hard.
Gut shot :(

Since it was in your back pocket, I'd check the seat cushions of EVERYTHING....think about it...sitting down with a back pocket knife is when they get dislodged mostly!

Not only check the cushions, check the floors beneath them and ESPECIALLY all the nooks & crannies in your floorboards beneath your bucket seats, get a good light and scour and feel around in that area.

I "lost" a custom handled Millie that way one time...I must've checked under the seats 4 or 5 x...then I FELT it!!!...there she was, sitting pretty as you please, spine down between my console and a metal floor stanchion / bracket thing...there was no way to see it unless you could look down from the top of the seat between the console and bracket...a perfect spyder hidey hole ;) ...just terrible access.

We'll keep our fingers crossed! :) :spyder: :)
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydersense wrote:Hey jmh58, I replied to your PM but it looks like it's stuck in my "outbox" for some reason. Did you get it? I'm not sure how to get it sent from the outbox if not.
I recently learned that the PM shows in your outbox until the recipient views it. It looks like your recipient received the message so it should now appear in your sent items folder.

Dang! That's terrible!! :( I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Much like many of you, I regret not buying a HAP40 sprint. I missed out on the Stretch. I either own or have reserved the rest of them and I'm going to have to work a little harder at some point to get that Stretch.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
jdw

Post by jdw »

dplafoll wrote:Much like many of you, I regret not buying a HAP40 sprint. I missed out on the Stretch. I either own or have reserved the rest of them and I'm going to have to work a little harder at some point to get that Stretch.
National Knives still has a few:
http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... range-frn/
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka