Spyderco 2017 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: Spyderco 2017 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by RamZar »

I'm somewhat disappointed we've only seen 4 new Spyderco knife models so far in December 2017. Last December 2016 there were 14 new Spyderco knife models.

This is magnified by the fact that come January 1, 2018 street prices will go up by at least 8.33% just due to the change to the MAP discount off MSRP and excluding any possible increases in MSRP. We all became aware of the MAP change on November 28, 2017.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

RamZar wrote:I'm somewhat disappointed we've only seen 4 new Spyderco knife models so far in December 2017. Last December 2016 there were 14 new Spyderco knife models.

This is magnified by the fact that come January 1, 2018 street prices will go up by at least 8.33% just due to the change to the MAP discount off MSRP and excluding any possible increases in MSRP. We all became aware of the MAP change on November 28, 2017.
Dilly dilly!
Smooth_Operater

Post by Smooth_Operater »

RamZar wrote:I'm somewhat disappointed we've only seen 4 new Spyderco knife models so far in December 2017. Last December 2016 there were 14 new Spyderco knife models.

RamZar, you read my mind. I was waiting on the Para 3 in S90V to be released before the end of the year. I even bookmarked this thread so I wouldn’t miss it. My backup is the S110V version. I plan on getting it Friday if the sprint run doesn’t come out by then.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

I agree, I am waiting to the last second to make a purchase before the new year, as the price increase will definitely deter future purchases.

Was hoping to add the Hanan or salt Native to the cart before then. Now it will just be the Sage 5
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Smooth_Operater wrote:

RamZar, you read my mind. I was waiting on the Para 3 in S90V to be released before the end of the year. I even bookmarked this thread so I wouldn’t miss it. My backup is the S110V version. I plan on getting it Friday if the sprint run doesn’t come out by then.
I am holding my horses as well for the Para 3 in S90V. As alternative I am eyeballing the Ti Endura in suminagashi....I am afraid I am buying both anyway.....It is a good thing for my wallet that there aren't that many upcoming new releases ;) Thank you Spyderco.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

twinboysdad wrote:Dilly dilly!
Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

I usually figure delays are one thing, the knives aren't finished yet. But then my imagination kicks in. Like I wonder if big companies took delivery of new models and they don't make them available for purchase until the employees are done picking over what they want. Or maybe delays are strategic so old stock clears out.
And then talk of price increases is sort of not a factor if you can't buy what you want yet anyway.
To easily I forget that some really sweet knives like the Shaman and the SliverAx were released before the holidays.
Happy New Year! Image