Flytanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Studey

Flytanium

Post by Studey »

Anyone use any of Flytanium's products? I got one of the Ti PM2 lanyard tubes for Christmas and installed it yesterday.

Pics were taken under different lighting, last pic is truest to actual color.

Good quality, this tube was actually still a very tight fit. Can't decide if I like the purple on the sides. I may take it out, polish the ends of the tube to take it to silver, then reinstall. I love the center of the backspacer being that bronzey-purple though.
farnorthdan

Re: Flytanium

Post by farnorthdan »

I put one of my Cruwear PM2's into a set of Ti scales with one of their lanyard tubes, everything fit like a glove, real quality stuff from them. I did do a heat Ano on these so they are more of a bronze color than the raw Ti color as received.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Very nice! Looks like I'm going to get one, just don't tell my wife.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Nice! I am considering getting a set for a long time!
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Anyone have any direct comparison between these products, and those from Rips Garage? (Which is where that clip is from, I think?)
Going back to Caly.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Never seen Rips Garage before, some interesting stuff there.

These are the 2 Flytanium scales I got. Ti and Carbon Fiber.

Both fit perfectly, though the carbon scales must be finer around the pivot than the standard scales. With screw as tight as they can go, there is a little bit sideway movement in the blade. But only if you test for it, you would never notice it in normal use.

How much can a Koala bear?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I have one of Ripps clips, very well made but I didn't like how close the tip is to the scale, made it kind of hard to get over the edge of my pocket, I'll probably give it another try eventually.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Looks like good stuff but I'm still waiting for Spyderco to release a titanium PM2 on their own.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Looks like good stuff but I'm still waiting for Spyderco to release a titanium PM2 on their own.
Second that! (not dissing the scales shown, mind!)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.