Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J D Wijbenga

Re: Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Post by J D Wijbenga »

That was another very enjoyable Spyderco meet. Great knives and people! Good to meet you Larry_Mott! :-)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

buferoe wrote:Hi There,

Back home again from the Spydermeet 2017 in Amsterdam.
A big thank you to Eric Joyce Jur and offcourse Ted and Wouter.
A great day with lots off knives, always great too feel and fondle with them.
It's gonna be another expensive year...... :D

And many thanks for the great Goody Bag
Now we wait for the pictures from Wouter........

see yah,

Werner
Well put Werner, +1 Thank you for the nice Polestar Spyderco! Nice meeting you Larry Mott and others of course.....
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I can only echo the above and say nice to meet y'all! Very nice and well organized event, thanks to all, non mentioned, none forgotten!

Goody bag:
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

It was a great meet again indeed! I'll 'have to' sift through 1600+ photos for editing etc... before I can start posting. I hope to be able to start posting this week, or else it'll start next week when I get back from the IWA show in Germany for sure.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Mr Blonde wrote:It was a great meet again indeed! I'll 'have to' sift through 1600+ photos for editing etc... before I can start posting. I hope to be able to start posting this week, or else it'll start next week when I get back from the IWA show in Germany for sure.
I'll be "patiently" waiting. Take your time. Travel safe, and say hi to Germany for me. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mr Blonde wrote:It was a great meet again indeed! I'll 'have to' sift through 1600+ photos for editing etc... before I can start posting. I hope to be able to start posting this week, or else it'll start next week when I get back from the IWA show in Germany for sure.
I'm sure you know this is like a second Christmas to most of us but we also know you put a lot of work into it. Take your time, it's worth the wait every time and with the knives coming out this year this had to be best Amsterdam in many years.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I'm home too- No super detailed report this year as we were specifically asked not to- And I respectfully left my notebook in my pocket for the duration and for any future meet that I end up lucky enough to attend.

There's a lot of new IP and fantastic ideas coming- I'm the last person in the world that would want to spoil that by letting the cat out of the bag :)

Suffice to say there are some really amazing things coming from House Glesser- It's fair to say that we're entering another golden age of Spyderco......So I'm afraid you guys are going to have to wait it out for Wouter's wonderful work (see what I did there?).

70ish knives again- lots of new designers, lots of stuff in various stages- call backs from previous meets
Nice to handle the upcoming sprints as well some of things in catalogue that I'd been hemming and hawing over.
Really good to hear Eric talk frankly and openly about some of the things we've been musing over on here (Spyderco REALLY listen- if there was any doubt about it).

And the Polestar as a freebie is just a too generous bonus (As I was going to buy one!)....Next evolution of the value line and it's a corker :)

Now to sort out the hole in the roof that's happened while we've been gallivanting about *sigh*
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Was a great day again, some very nice stuff passed by! :)