Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Larry_Mott

Re: Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Post by Larry_Mott »

Is it ok to take pictures, except of course of items or people who don't want to participate?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Larry_Mott wrote:Is it ok to take pictures, except of course of items or people who don't want to participate?
Only pictures allowed in the room are taken by Wouter.....that's 'the price of admission' if you will.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

demoncase wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:Is it ok to take pictures, except of course of items or people who don't want to participate?
Only pictures allowed in the room are taken by Wouter.....that's 'the price of admission' if you will.
Fair enough. Hope to get a few outside the meeting then.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
Ted

Post by Ted »

We're fully booked but there are still a few spots available on the reserves list - typically these will get access as well due to cancellations - so still a chance ( no guarantee ) to join the meet.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Still a few seats available on the reserves list ...
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Flights and hotels booked- see you all at the bar on Friday....

Also- Mrs Demoncase has established a clear museum itinerary for the Saturday (with me) and Sunday (while "I'm playing clicky-clack with the knives" as she puts it) :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I know it is not supposed to be a "swap meet" or anything similar, and i wouldn't let it infringe on the meet itself, but i'd just like to offer help hauling a couple of blades or what have you from Sweden if any of you participants want, like a Mora, JaniSong or something.
EDIT: If this post is out of line or inappropriate i am sorry and you may remove it.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Larry_Mott wrote:I know it is not supposed to be a "swap meet" or anything similar, and i wouldn't let it infringe on the meet itself, but i'd just like to offer help hauling a couple of blades or what have you from Sweden if any of you participants want, like a Mora, JaniSong or something.
EDIT: If this post is out of line or inappropriate i am sorry and you may remove it.
Maybe a separate thread to organize 'fringe activities' that are happening outside the hours of the meet itself?

(PS: That's a very kind offer!)

Ted

Post by Ted »

Please be aware that the lunch break and happy-hour are in the regular hotel bar & restaurant where it is not appropriate to show or trade knives (or any goods).

Reminder from the invitation:

Please note, that due to the nature of this exclusive event we do not allow selling, trading, and swapping of articles of any kind during the event and there will be no access to uninvited visitors.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Yes i am aware of that, and i wouldn't dream of making a hash of the event itself, or the immediate surroundings. Let's drop it and if someone read this already PM me for arrangements on neutral ground, maybe saturday or early monday.
Again, i really do respect, and will abide every rule and wish. This event is too big to me to make myself persona non grata, believe me :)
Ted

Post by Ted »

Thanks for your understanding.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting any newcomers! Happy New Year to each of you and see you at the Meet.

Joyce Laituri
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Joyce Laituri wrote:I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting any newcomers! Happy New Year to each of you and see you at the Meet.

Joyce Laituri
Same here. Apart from the unveiling of new knives and prototypes, It's great to see all the fellow knifeknuts in person again. Annual proof that I'm not the only one with this particular hobby. ;)
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Joyce Laituri wrote:I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting any newcomers! Happy New Year to each of you and see you at the Meet.

Joyce Laituri
Same here. Apart from the unveiling of new knives and prototypes, It's great to see all the fellow knifeknuts in person again. Annual proof that I'm not the only one with this particular hobby. ;)
One of us! One of us! :D

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Probably about time we all started getting excited for this, no?

....Especially as Mrs Demoncase is already packing and has a plan of museum visits outlined of near military precision- indeed, so detailed that it would shame Julius Caesar. :D

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

demoncase wrote:Probably about time we all started getting excited for this, no?

....Especially as Mrs Demoncase is already packing and has a plan of museum visits outlined of near military precision- indeed, so detailed that it would shame Julius Caesar. :D
I am excited for you. :) I can't wait to hear Jaylo's Report 2.0! :D Safe travels,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well I'm excited and I'm not even going. Can't wait for pics.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

One of my favorite times of the year can't wait to read about it on the forum and see the pics and videos
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

demoncase wrote:Probably about time we all started getting excited for this, no?

Care to forward a battle plan? My better half is also heavy into Van Gogh and bitterballen planning :D
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Larry_Mott wrote:

Care to forward a battle plan? My better half is also heavy into Van Gogh and bitterballen planning :D
The one museum thing I'd want to see here right now would be this: http://www.stedelijk.nl/en/exhibitions/ ... ra-in-love
(haven't seen it yet myself, was at the stedelijk museum about a week before it opened but will go back soon. love his work)

Apart from that, don't walk onto the bicyclepaths, my knee,leg and elbow are still healing from the stupid tourists that knocked me off my bike last saturday. ;)