Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ted

Re: Invitation to the 13th Amsterdam Spyderco meet 2017

Post by Ted »

Just send out 63 confirmations so far. Outlook.com is giving me a hard time sending the emails (thinks I'm a spammer) so please be patient. I picked up 5 registrations from the junk e-mail folder as well so everybody should be good.
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

I would like to attend please.
In order of acquisition: Ladybug in H1 : Paramilitary in S110v : Rock Salt in H1 : Vallotton Sub Hilt CPM S30V : Mule Team 23 (CPM20CV) : Next on the wishlist - Dragonfly ZDP189

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. I do not post often but love checking the forum every few days to read new posts and comments. It really is a great forum and I learn so much :)
Ted

Post by Ted »

AndrewM wrote:I would like to attend please.
You will need to send an email to the addreas on the first post
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Ted wrote:Just send out 63 confirmations so far. Outlook.com is giving me a hard time sending the emails (thinks I'm a spammer) so please be patient. I picked up 5 registrations from the junk e-mail folder as well so everybody should be good.
I'm good anyway :) Thanks, see you there!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
dirk de wit

Post by dirk de wit »

Thanks Ed !
I'm in : number 5 this time :D
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

SpyderNut wrote:
demoncase wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
demoncase wrote:Mail sent :)
If it's not too heretical to ask ( ;) ), perhaps you can be our eyes and ears at the Meet? :D
The Emperor protects! :)

(Or if I'm lucky enough I shall see what I can do :D )
Thank you, Kind Sir. :D
In at #54!.....Dusting off the notepad as we speak :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

#14! :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

#2! Thanks, see you all there! :D
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I'm not being a dick here, but does it matter what invitation number you get/got?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Larry_Mott wrote:I'm not being a dick here, but does it matter what invitation number you get/got?
No, but it sort of makes it 'official'- "you got a number= you got a place and we'll see you there" style of thing.

It's also handy for those sitting on the fence about sending an e-mail to see roughly how many places have been assigned (I mean, I'm #54 of 70 available and I thought I'd been pretty quick out of the blocks!)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

demoncase wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:I'm not being a dick here, but does it matter what invitation number you get/got?
No, but it sort of makes it 'official'- "you got a number= you got a place and we'll see you there" style of thing.

It's also handy for those sitting on the fence about sending an e-mail to see roughly how many places have been assigned (I mean, I'm #54 of 70 available and I thought I'd been pretty quick out of the blocks!)
Thanks. Wasn't sure what to make out of it and had to ask :)
Best, #49 ;)
Ted

Post by Ted »

demoncase wrote:

We have 80 seats (not 70).

Only a very few left...
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Email send Ted!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

demoncase wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
demoncase wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
demoncase wrote:Mail sent :)
If it's not too heretical to ask ( ;) ), perhaps you can be our eyes and ears at the Meet? :D
The Emperor protects! :)

(Or if I'm lucky enough I shall see what I can do :D )
Thank you, Kind Sir. :D
In at #54!.....Dusting off the notepad as we speak :D
Woot! Glad to hear it. We'll be excited to hear your report!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Thx Ted for the confirmation!!!

I'm nr 76, woehoe, looking forward to enjoy this awesome event! Thx Spyderco!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Ted wrote:
demoncase wrote:

We have 80 seats (not 70).

Only a very few left...
Apologies- that's what I get for relying on my memory instead of writing stuff down ;)

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Right, flight and hotel booked, now the wait :)
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Is Sal coming this year, or does he still have to take it easy and avoid those further-from-home trips?
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

Is someone who has attended previous events able to give me an idea of what to expect on the day?
In order of acquisition: Ladybug in H1 : Paramilitary in S110v : Rock Salt in H1 : Vallotton Sub Hilt CPM S30V : Mule Team 23 (CPM20CV) : Next on the wishlist - Dragonfly ZDP189

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. I do not post often but love checking the forum every few days to read new posts and comments. It really is a great forum and I learn so much :)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

AndrewM wrote:Is someone who has attended previous events able to give me an idea of what to expect on the day?
If it's like the previous events, they'll round everyone up, you take your seat with a cup of coffe and start off with a small chat.
(not sure if Sal will be there, but he might be this year)
Prototypes and some production samples of upcoming models will be showed and discussed before being passed around.
At the end of the line, the knife will be passed on to Wouter who'll take pictures of the knife.
After quite a few prototypes, there's lunch and time to chat with some fellow forumites.
When lunch is over, everyone goes back to look at the second batch of prototypes.
When all the knives are shown and the meet itself is finished, you can go up to the table to admire the knives you liked a lot or ask questions about them, give suggestions, etc.
Before heading home, you'll receive a small goodie bag and had the best day of the year IMO!
There was even a small give-away last year, but I'm not sure if that's a thing that'll happen from now on... (I sure hope so! :D)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto