C41NSPSRD5 - Native 5 Never Summer Exclusive - Available NOW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

C41NSPSRD5 - Native 5 Never Summer Exclusive - Available NOW

Post by TazKristi »

We just made the Never Summer exclusive Native 5 live on our site. Sales of this knife benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. The C41NSPSRD5 is available in limited quantities and at a great price right now.

We'll be posting an announcement tomorrow on our social media channels but I wanted to give you all an early announcement.

You can find it here, https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C41NSSRD5/1008.

I know when this knife was first offered through Never Summer they restricted its availability to Firefighters only. We are taking a different approach and there are no restrictions on who is eligible to purchase this knife. It is a strikingly beautiful knife (IMHO) and it supports a very worthy cause.

:spyder:

Kristi

There is nothing more important than this one day.
Bodog

Re: C41NSPSRD5 - Native 5 Never Summer Exclusive - Available NOW

Post by Bodog »

Only 100 available at $100 a piece? That's a killer deal for such a beautiful knife that helps a good foundation.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Fanch_Man

Post by Fanch_Man »

This is terrific! Thank you for the heads up, Kristi! I've been hoping we non firefighters would be able to buy these, and it's even more awesome that the proceeds go to such an excellent cause. I'm going to pick one up for a very deserving firefighter/EMT friend of mine. Thanks again!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Thank you Kristi! My GF has a degree in fire science and is going to love this. In for two! Awesome pic BTW :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice. :) Thanks for the heads up, Kristi!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Never Summer started offering these to non-firefighters at some point. In November I sent them an e-mail and explained that I wasn't a firefighter but wanted to support the cause and was interested in purchasing the knife. They sent me a code to log into their site and order the knife. I think I paid $105 but no big deal. What I will be disappointed in is if the color of the knife turns out to be maroon as pictured here and on the website. I already have a maroon Native 5 and I'm not interested in another. I was looking forward to a knife with actual red scales as pictured on Never Summer's advertising. The red made sense since this knife was supposed to commemorate fallen firefighters and I think it looked great with the black blade and hardware. I see now that the description says bright red FRN. So Kristi please tell me this knife won't another maroon knife.

ETA: I just checked and I actually paid $100 + $5 S&H
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Sharp Guy wrote:Never Summer started offering these to non-firefighters at some point. In November I sent them an e-mail and explained that I wasn't a firefighter but wanted to support the cause and was interested in purchasing the knife. They sent me a code to log into their site and order the knife. I think I paid $105 but no big deal. What I will be disappointed in is if the color of the knife turns out to be maroon as pictured here and on the website. I already have a maroon Native 5 and I'm not interested in another. I was looking forward to a knife with actual red scales as pictured on Never Summer's advertising. The red made sense since this knife was supposed to commemorate fallen firefighters and I think it looked great with the black blade and hardware. I see now that the description says bright red FRN. So Kristi please tell me this knife won't another maroon knife.
FWIW, the color looks significantly different than the forum knife on the website pictures:

ImageImage
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I'd say the color is just a touch different than a red Solo cup. Red can be very challenging to photograph and it's one of those colors that seems to show subtle changes depending on anything else that you include in the photo. It is not similar to the Forum knife FWIW. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TazKristi wrote:I'd say the color is just a touch different than a red Solo cup. Red can be very challenging to photograph and it's one of those colors that seems to show subtle changes depending on anything else that you include in the photo. It is not similar to the Forum knife FWIW. ;)

Kristi
Thank you for clarifying! I'll be eager to see this one. :)
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi Kristi

Were Collector's Club versions of this knife made and sent out?

Thanks!
Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I thought I wasn't going to be able to get one due to the firefighter restriction, so I'm glad to see it's available. Got my order in and it pushed me to stop procrastinating and order the last two mules as well. Guess I can't have too many knives, right?
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
vivi

Post by vivi »

Beautiful knife for a great cause.

Excited seeing LC200N creep into different models. Might have to pick up one of these to try out that new steel since I love H1 so much!.
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

Thanks Kristi,

Just ordered one. Glad to be able to contribute and get an awesome Native 5 as well. Thanks to the Spyderco crew, you are good people!

JonesE
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I am so conflicted on this one. It looks great. A worthy cause to support. Lc200n. I like the color and black blade.
The price is reasonable. But I don't like combo edges. Maybe I can get over that... :confused:
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm in the same boat unfortunately :) Would have ordered 1 or 2 already if it were PE. As it is I'm still tempted.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

That's a really good deal too......Must.....resist...... :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Such a pity they marked it down to $100.00 and not $99.99.

Spyderco's international shipping is relatively affordable at $25 under $100, but will now cost $45 instead.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I ordered two, for the wife and I. She *lost* (most likely stolen) her pink Native 4 from a research lab she was working in. I showed her this last night as I was ordering one and immediately she said to order her one too for a replacement.

I'm pretty pumped!
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

67 left
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Doh- managed to place to identical orders, but the first one I garbled my credit card number.... E-mailed the SFO from the contact page to sort it out.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/