5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bugs

Re: 5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Post by Bugs »

I'm in, number is 357.
Playing in SW FL Back Country with Tarpon, Snook & Reds.
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I'm in, but not for myself. I'm in for my cousin who just got discharged from the Army and bought his first spyderco at the seconds sale last month. My favorite thing about Christmas is when you hear about something and realize it's the perfect gift for someone else.

Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
araneae

Post by araneae »

I'm in. 448 for me, thanks for the chance.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Niles

Post by Niles »

I'm in, but I'd like to re-gift the mule if I win. If my number is chosen, I'll run another random number contest to give the mule to someone who has a family member deployed over seas. We would then ship the knife to that soldier as a belated Christmas gift from the forum and the winner.

I'll pick 386.

I like that the holidays tends to bring out the best in people.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Nice gesture Darby! Almost nicer than the time you drove me to the SFO!

I'll take #815 if I can

My favourite thing about Christmas time is my wife. She loves Christmas more than anyone I've ever met. I get a pretty big kick out of seeing her get so excited.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

I'm in. Congratulations on your 5K posts Darby! And thanks for the chance.

I'll pick 169.

Christmas is a magic time to spend in family and enjoy seeing the illusion of the youngest of the house.
attila

Post by attila »

I'm not in, unfortunately but would have chosen 12. I've never posted because I'm always busy reading all the wisdom on this forum and haven't done any useful cutting tests, but I did want to express my appreciation for the kind-hearted gesture of this giveaway! I especially like the holiday and kindness inspired requirements to participate and take possession of the knife.

Also, I'd like to be the first to congratulate whoever is chosen as the GAW winner!

Lastly, I wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season and new year!

Regards,
Attila
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

I'm in! #498 plz. Super generous to gift a knife and your time as well!

Favorite thing about the holidays, it has to be getting family together and seeing our kids go nuts. Whether with presents or just playing with cousins and family.

Happy Holidays and post 5,000+!
RunnersLunge

Post by RunnersLunge »

I'm in, #587, I enjoy hearing genuine laughter during the holidays.

I enjoy reading everyone's input on this forum even if I do not always post myself. Happy holidays/Merry Christmas to all and best wishes to whoever receives the GAW.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

It's been great to see all of the responses about enjoying the holidays. I'm getting really excited to see who wins on Christmas day!

I assume most people have never seen any of the Mule handles I've done, so for anyone that might want to see examples of the type of handles and sheaths I plan to make for the winner, here's a shot of some of the Mules I did in 2016. I also have some new design ideas that will be a departure from the similarities you see in these designs...I can't wait to talk with the winner about what they want!! :D :spyder:

Happy holidays!!

Chad :)
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Xplorer wrote:It's been great to see all of the responses about enjoying the holidays. I'm getting really excited to see who wins on Christmas day!

I assume most people have never seen any of the Mule handles I've done, so for anyone that might want to see examples of the type of handles and sheaths I plan to make for the winner, here's a shot of some of the Mules I did in 2016. I also have some new design ideas that will be a departure from the similarities you see in these designs...I can't wait to talk with the winner about what they want!! :D :spyder:

Happy holidays!!

Chad :)
Those are some sharp looking scales. Looks like you could have about 5 pages worth of people wanting those (minus 1 lucky soul).
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

mb1 wrote:Those are some sharp looking scales. Looks like you could have about 5 pages worth of people wanting those (minus 1 lucky soul).
That's very nice of you mb1! :) I just hope to make that "1 lucky soul" happy. Thanks to my Mom who went over-board during the holidays every year, Christmas has always been the most special day of the year to me. Since this custom handle will be a Christmas giveaway, you can bet I plan to do everything I can to make sure the winner loves his or her Christmas gift!! :D
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Kniferbro

Post by Kniferbro »

Congrats on 5k!!!! I'm in! Number 565. Thanks for the chance!

I love Christmas for the time spent with those that I love. I know not everyone gets the holidays off, but for the most part my family has been able to take time to spend with each other and I am very thankful for that.
Chumango

Post by Chumango »

I'm in! Thanks for the very generous offer.

I love the music of Christmas, and especially our tradition of music while the kids put up the tree and the decorations.

I'll take #876

As for the promise - yes.
Knutty

Post by Knutty »

I'm in.

I'm resisting the urge to choose 666 as my number. I will go with 517. No idea why.

I really enjoy TIME OFF, which for me is starting NOW. Normally I would have stated that I enjoy my family, but with a teenager who now despises me, that's gone out the window. Sad but true. (No need to rub my back. Really.)

As for appreciating someone--already done!
"We have more metal parts fail than plastic parts. Modern plastics are tough. 'Feeling cheap' may be a false perception and one might need more education. We rarely get a FRN knife back with handle problems and we have millions of them out in daily use. " --Sal Glesser
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

I'm in. My number is 610. I enjoy time off from work and good food and most of all time with my family.
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

I'm in!
Best part of the holidays is quality time with the wife & kids, holiday pies, & I usually get at least one unexpected spydie. never summer native this yr

thanks for the chance at the GAW and congrats
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I'm in. Congrats on the milestone and thank you all for your generosity. What I love most about the Holiday Season is Christmas Music...Can't wait for the holidays and spend most of my time either singing or humming Christmas Music....It's some of my most favorite music ....and I'm Jewish.....I take lucky number 77....Thanks Doc:)
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

This is so awesome!
I'm in for #3!
Other than spending time with family I don't get to see often, I love the free week's vacation for my factories end of the year "shut down".
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
PiggyBackJack

Post by PiggyBackJack »

Awesome GAW, thank you for doing this! Most kind of you and Xplorer both!

I'm in and I'll pick #255

What I enjoy most about the holidays is the food and the opportunity to just sit back, put my feet up and pour myself a tumbler of Laphroaig, all while being surrounded by my family and loved ones.

Cheers!
QM on the S/Y Modesty under Captain T.