5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PayneTrain

Re: 5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Post by PayneTrain »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Keep in mind that you do have the option to pick a number on another forum member's behalf.
Word.

In light of this revelation, I'll take 427 (as in CID...drool...) in the honor of one Johnnie1801, father of the weekly photo contest. Consider your chances doubled, my friend!

And you're killing me making me pick one thing that I love about this time of year, but I think I can sum it up in one word: magic. I don't know if it's the lingering smell of pine, the big, old, clunky lights (or their LED reincarnations), Dean Martin and John Lennon, the cheer of breaking out the fuzzy sweaters and mittens, the kindness of sharing company with those who have none, or maybe it's just the eggnog, but I am proudly 8 years old for one month every year! Maybe it's just the subjectivity of reality, but if so then let me tell ya, it's a wonderful world in my head this time of year! :)
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

jdw wrote:I'm in...#475. Thanks! It's very generous.
We have a winner!!! I meant to announce it yesterday but I had a long day yesterday and got back home rather late. We drove 2.5 hours each way for dinner with family but it was great. There is nothing like seeing your son with his great grandpa. That was the highlight of my holidays. :D I could tear up just thinking about it. Anyway, congrats JDW!!! Feel free to share what you enjoyed the most this holiday season since you sort of skipped that part. ;) Other than that check your PM's as you will be receiving one from me in regards to which mule it will be and you will probably receive one from Chad so you guys can begin discussing the knife.

I wanted to make sure to thank everybody who participated. You cannot have a GAW without people to give to. :) One thing I have learned over the years is that it is the people who make the place. It doesn't matter if it is work, school, a neighborhood, a town or an internet forum. The people make the place and this place is a reflection of the people who come here. I thank all my fellow forumites for their participation in both this contest and the forum.

I also want to thank Chad for going above and beyond to make this forum great. His participation in this GAW is just one example of his generosity around here. Thanks brother!

I cannot forget Sal either. Thanks for generously opening this up to everybody and thanks for founding Spyderco, having a forum and especially thanks for engaging your fans. It all starts at the top and that is you and your family. Thank you sir!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
remnar

Post by remnar »

Congratulations jdw!

Thanks again, BFK and Xplorer for your generosity. It is inspiring. :)
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Congratulations jdw, and thanks Darby for making this possible. Christmas is a special time that family and friends can get together to share the joy of the season. Hope all have a happy, healthy, and safe New Year.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Congrats to jdw!!
Thanks Darby and Xplorer for the chance, this is an awesome gesture. Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone!
paladin

Post by paladin »

Congrats to the winner!

Thanks Darby for putting on the GAW, they're always a lot of fun...can't wait to see the custom handle also!
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Congratulations jdw!! I have been working out some design ideas in anticipation of this project, and I'm looking forward to hearing what you'd like to see on your new Mule! :D :spyder:

Chad
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Congratulations jdw, you are one lucky guy. Another great example of the kindness and generosity that makes this forum a special place.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
PiggyBackJack

Post by PiggyBackJack »

Congratulations jdw and a big thank you for the incredibly generous GAW.

Cheers!
QM on the S/Y Modesty under Captain T.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Congrats JDW!

Well done to Bearfacedkiller and Xplorer.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Wow. I am overwhelmed. What an incredibly kind and generous gift.
I sincerely thank both of you tremendously. I am truly at a loss for words.
As for your question, I can sincerely say that what I enjoyed the most this holiday season was giving my
son a HAP40 Stretch for Christmas.
A BIG thank you to BFK and Xplorer. This forum is an incredibly kind and unique community.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jdw wrote:Wow. I am overwhelmed. What an incredibly kind and generous gift.
As for your question, I can sincerely say that what I enjoyed the most this holiday season was giving my
A BIG thank you to BFK and Xplorer. This forum is an incredibly kind and unique community.
Congrats jdw! That's awesome!! I can't wait to see the finished knife.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

jdw wrote:Wow. I am overwhelmed. What an incredibly kind and generous gift.

PM is sent jdw. I've got a bunch of questions about what you like and want. Check your PMs when you have a chance and we can begin the process of creating something awesome for you... :D

Chad
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
IR192

Post by IR192 »

Congrats jdw!Thanks to BFK and explorer for making this possible! Happy holidays!!!
Recently Acquired: Hap40 Endura, Hap40 Stretch, Manix2 LW XHP, PM2 Cruwear, Farid K2, Kiwi4, LC200N Native, Large Lum Folder, Manix2 Cruwear.

In The Works: 204P Military, Nirvana, Slysz Bowie.
-Ed
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats jdw!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
AndrewM

Post by AndrewM »

I'm In please. #500

I love holiday season just to be able to spend time with family.

Very generous, thank you :)

Andrew
In order of acquisition: Ladybug in H1 : Paramilitary in S110v : Rock Salt in H1 : Vallotton Sub Hilt CPM S30V : Mule Team 23 (CPM20CV) : Next on the wishlist - Dragonfly ZDP189

Thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. I do not post often but love checking the forum every few days to read new posts and comments. It really is a great forum and I learn so much :)
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

Congrats to the winner - very generous gift by BFK!
setldown

Post by setldown »

Congrats jdw. Thanks again, BFK and Xplorer!
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Congrats jdw! Your son will definitely like the Stretch!

To BFK, Xplorer, Sal and all, happy holidays!
Chris :spyder:
jdw

Post by jdw »

bearfacedkiller wrote:To take possession of the knife you must agree to:

1) use the knife and enjoy it.
2) never sell it. If for some reason you don't want it anymore please gift it again. :) Well, within reason, if you have kids to feed then of course, sell it. Otherwise this is should always stay a gift. :)
3) do something nice for the forum and make it publicly known. It does not have to be a free knife like this. Just whatever you are comfortable with.
4) post a pic of the finished product in this thread.

Hi Killer,
In the spirit of your kind giveaway and the fine dog in your picture I have made a donation to 'Hands Helping Paws', a
local animal rescue agency. I wish I had a picture of the look on the lady's face when I told her that I was making the donation in the name
of bearfacedkiller.
In the spirit of doing something for the forum I would like to do something for a single individual on the forum. JDSpydo is always enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He is an encyclopedia of information on SE Spydies.
I have a VG10 Merlin that I use and one that I have kept as back up that I would like to gift to JDSpydo.
JD I will PM you to work out any details or questions that you might have.
Thanks again to Killer and Xplorer
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka