5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tdog

Re: 5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Post by Tdog »

Thanks for this great gesture. I'm in with 717. This is a special time of the year that we can reflect upon so many things we have to be Thankful for. Really looking forward to spending time with my children and grandchildren. Of course the customary prime rib roast with all the good side's will also be enjoyed. My wife makes the absolute BEST pecan pie. Hoping the weather lets us get out on the water to do some fishing. Caught a bunch-o bluefish and speckled trout last week. Cooked the bluies for my mom's dog and the trout for my wife and me. Thanks to Spyderco and crew, and all those that make this such a great forum. :spyder:
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

I'm in! 101.

Thanks for the kind gesture. Special thanks to Chad and Sal for knocking this right out of the ballpark.

I'm looking for most this holiday season is time with my family. It seems like just yesterday my boys were born and know that they just turned 6 & 8 it makes you appreciate that time is short and live in the moment.

JonesE
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

1) have at least one post on this forum before I posted this thread. - Check
2) I'm in! 325
3) share one thing you really enjoy about the holidays. Family traditions like cinnamon rolls on Christmas day.
4) promise to take a moment and deliberately appreciate someone in your life during this holiday season. Done. and Will do.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
Sildani

Post by Sildani »

My congratulations Killer! 5,000 posts is a big deal!

I'm in, thanks, number 216. I appreciate the holidays for the better spirit that seems to take hold of folks this time of year.

And I will indeed appreciate my family this season.
camporama

Post by camporama »

I'm in. 685. Thanks to all who are putting on this GAW and make this forum the community it is!
mattman

Post by mattman »

I'm in.
I love this place, and Darby and Chad are two great representatives of our group.

My favorite part of the holiday season is observing the change in everybody's general attitude, and basking in it.
(Plus the food, of course)

Thanks for making this happen! It will be fun as it plays out.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

Matt
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I'm in. My favorite thing about the holidays is surprising other people.

810 for me, please.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

You bet I'm in! :D
Thanks for the kind gesture to the community!
I'll be going for 108.

As for my favorite thing about the holiday season, people tend to be more friendly.
When I'm outside and come across people in wintertime, they tend do be a little more toned down as opposed to summer.
During the holidays, everyone seems to have some holiday cheer :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

I'm in with 619, thanks so much!!!

The best part of the holidays for me is enjoying time together with all my family. Several of us are in different states and it's always great to have everybody back together :)
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

Congrats man, 5000 posts on ANY forum is a true accomplishment. I've always enjoyed your discussions and contributions.

I'm in!

My favorite part of the holidays is getting to see the simple joy my kids get out of it. A lot of times us adults get lost in the hustle and bustle, but seeing my kids see Santa, or getting excited for Christmas always makes me very happy.

Happy Holidays!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I'm in, great contest, whoever wins is getting a truly 1 off piece of art, anyway the thing I like best about the holidays is people act like I wish they would all year...a little more patience, a little more compassion, and just the general happy feeling....well that and the smell of the tree and wreath...now for the guess...going with My moms birthday, always on my mind this time of year....and since I need 3 digits I'll go month, year....936... thanks for the chance.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I'm in, thanks Darby!

My favorite part of the holidays is spending time with my family, and eating all of that delicious, gut growing, food.
Ocarr

Post by Ocarr »

I'm in. Congrats on the milestone!

It may sound corny, but I enjoy the giving part during the holidays. I did a GAW about a month or so ago on another forum and the winner seemed so happy that they had won , it just made me feel better than the previous 3 knives I had purchased for myself. (If that makes any sense)
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Congrats Man

My dads old lotto number :)

I hope it's lucker for me lol

Again congratulations on 5000 bfk
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

5,000! A number well earned!

Great reflections, and super cool of all involved! I don't wanna risk taking this opportunity from someone more deserving. I just wanted to say well done, good luck all, and cheers to another 5k!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

5000! That's a couple of posts. I appreciate everything you contribute to the forum and always look forward to reading your posts. I've been slacking off lately on mine, so have a little ways to go before hitting the 5000 mark as well.

One of my favorite things about the holidays is taking the time to get away and visit my sisters and their families. This is the one time a year that I get to see them.

I'm in with #713. Thanks for the chance to play!
Last edited by jabba359 on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Congratulations on the big 5,000!! I'm in! With number 383. The holidays are the best part of my year because I get to spend it with family that I normally don't get to see but a couple times a year now a days. And the food!!! Thanks killer!
Josh
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Congrats on 5,000 Darby. You are a true treasure around here. (You too chad!)
What is the over/under for 10,000 posts? :p

I'm in!
I'll pick 306.
I love spoiling my daughter with gifts, and time with the whole family (including her mom, my ex). She values this time together more than anything.
The last few months have been a little tough on me. I will take some extra time to thank several people that have helped me recently.
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

My congratulations for the post.It is not an entry. I have thread I consider that I take little to participate. Better to users who take more time. Greetings
Last edited by valenciamanu on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I'm in!

What a delightful gesture.

811 - my wedding anniversary.

Holiday highlight - you guessed it - precious time with my wonderful wife (and daughter).

And thank you to Sal for enabling entry by
us non-locals!