A Mule project, Awesome craftsman and Friend

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
BTG

Re: A Mule project, Awesome craftsman and Friend

Post by BTG »

Jealous of both your knife, and Chads talent, craftsmanship, and artistic eye....I couldn't even think these things up....BEAUTIFUL!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

That's a beauty!! A big congrats all around!!
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

BTG wrote:Jealous of both your knife, and Chads talent, craftsmanship, and artistic eye....I couldn't even think these things up....BEAUTIFUL!!
Thank you very much BTG!! :D

I have to share this with you because your post made me laugh... :p :p .my daughter helps me in my shop a fair amount and she is the final quality check for everything before it can ship. She see's the absurd number of hours I spend sanding...and sanding..and sanding..and polishing. Sanding the parts to make them flat and square to eliminate gaps, sanding to make pieces bond better, sanding to make things contoured, sanding to make things shiny, endless sanding.. I've made more custom sanding tools than I can count in efforts to raise my "sanding game" :rolleyes: . Now, my daughter has decided to say that when people comment on my "craftsmanship" they are commenting on my sanding even though she knows how much more really goes into the process. :p . Whenever she sees a "craftsmanship" comment she jabs me with a sort of insult/compliment and says, "you're a good sander Dad" and we both laugh.

Thank you sincerely for the compliment! :)
Blerv wrote:That's a beauty!! A big congrats all around!!
Thank you Blerv! I appreciate the kind words. :)

Chad
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

oops..double tap :o
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
BTG

Post by BTG »

Xplorer wrote:
BTG wrote:Jealous of both your knife, and Chads talent, craftsmanship, and artistic eye....I couldn't even think these things up....BEAUTIFUL!!
Thank you very much BTG!! :D

I have to share this with you because your post made me laugh... :p :p .my daughter helps me in my shop a fair amount and she is the final quality check for everything before it can ship. She see's the absurd number of hours I spend sanding...and sanding..and sanding..and polishing. Sanding the parts to make them flat and square to eliminate gaps, sanding to make pieces bond better, sanding to make things contoured, sanding to make things shiny, endless sanding.. I've made more custom sanding tools than I can count in efforts to raise my "sanding game" :rolleyes: . Now, my daughter has decided to say that when people comment on my "craftsmanship" they are commenting on my sanding even though she knows how much more really goes into the process. :p . Whenever she sees a "craftsmanship" comment she jabs me with a sort of insult/compliment and says, "you're a good sander Dad" and we both laugh

Lol, yeah...I've made a few, I know what goes into the simple ones I do...can only imagine what it takes to get to that level...and even the sanding takes tons of time, when it seems like it's not doing anything on the finer grits...patience is half the battle....I give up....I need instant results...ADHD.

Thank you sincerely for the compliment! :)
Blerv wrote:That's a beauty!! A big congrats all around!!
Thank you Blerv! I appreciate the kind words. :)

Chad