Manix 2 110V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wallace47

Manix 2 110V

Post by wallace47 »

Hi,i have a manix2 black s30V,which i find a bit heavy to carry.Do i need a Manix2 110V lightweight.I have a sage 5 on order,should i just stick with that..????
Sharp Guy

Re: Manix 2 110V

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm a fan of the Manix 2 LW and I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy one. The Sage 5 is nice too so you might want to wait until you get that to see what you think. Alternatively, if you like the Manix 2 G10, you might consider picking up the Manix 2 S110V with the Blurple G10 scales. It has skeletonized liners and should be at least a little lighter than the knife you have now.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
wallace47

Post by wallace47 »

Can't seem to find a Manix2 110V over here in G10 mate.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

wallace47 wrote:Can't seem to find a Manix2 110V over here in G10 mate.
Then by all means try a Manix 2 LW. Like I said, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I picked up a LW once and didn't like the handle at all. But I recently grabbed a deal on a S110V for my son. I was surprised how much I liked it, even though it bit me the first time I closed it! It weighs next to nothing, and has a really nice detent. Not sure I want to gift it now. ;)
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

The Manix LW is a better knife with a better steel than the sage, and it's made in America. Go with the Manix.

Edit: assuming you're American. If not then I suppose it's a moot point.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

I have the Manix 2 LW KC exclusive and really like the overall package. I own both a sabre grind M2 G10 and the M2 G10 in S110V, the original G10 model is like carrying a brick clipped to your pocket, the blurple version is better, but still feels like a big knife to me and the LW is amazingly light and slim in pocket. That said a Native 5 LW is substantially smaller in pocket and a bit lighter than the M2 LW, for medium duty EDC I'd say the Native wins. I can't comment on the G10 Native though, since I've never handled one.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

The Manix LW is a total winner. It's a bit of an ugly duckling, but the light weight makes me carry it way more than any of the G10 sprints.

S110V is also an interesting steel to experience. Very corrosion resistant too.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
wallace47

Post by wallace47 »

Well i have had the sage 5 in my pocket for a week now,i think i answered my own question.I love the sage, good size for me,light enough and strong enough for my normal every day needs.Just can't stop flicking it but must stop before i up set the lady of the house.....Ha
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

wallace47 wrote:Well i have had the sage 5 in my pocket for a week now,i think i answered my own question.I love the sage, good size for me,light enough and strong enough for my normal every day needs.Just can't stop flicking it but must stop before i up set the lady of the house.....Ha
Well you still need to pick up a Manix 2 lw. It really is an awesome knife. Super light and strong for a linerless knife. And yeah the wife may get a little irritated. Mine gets upset pretty frequently about my flicking. Just get a few flicks in in sperts and not too many at once. That works best to keep mine happy. Ha