Best Value in a Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jssaylor2007

Re: Best Value in a Spyderco

Post by jssaylor2007 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
jssaylor2007 wrote:I just grabbed a stretch 2 for 105. I'm thinking that'll be a better value than my PM2.
Massdrop? Someone had posted in one of the FB groups a little while ago that Massdrop had the Stretch 2 but it was $114. I wasn't really in the market for a Stretch 2 but that price was almost too good to pass up. Looks like I just missed it though.
Yes on MD. I figured at that price point you can't really beat it. Almost 100 cheaper than any other online retailers. I grabbed the last one, but there are quite a few decent deals on other brands of folders right now, and there is the titanium military up.
harronek

Post by harronek »

Delica - VG10 - FRN .

You get to choose the color and the blade grind ( Sabre / FFG )

Ken
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I think the DF2 is the best value. It handles most everything that other blades do, but with so little limitations. It's not bulky, or heavy, and with the exception of places like the UK that treat citizens like children and locking blades are verboten!, it complies with rules and laws everywhere.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
jdw

Post by jdw »

I think the best value is the one that you are waiting to get in so
that you have a new one to enjoy!!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
tripscheck'em

Post by tripscheck'em »

The Manix LW.

FRCP is thick, stout and very light, its made in America, the design is imo preferable to the military series. The blade is stouter than the para-military's, which itself is rather delicate. You can go with BD1 or s110v. The ball-bearing lock is as secure as any back lock but smoother. Unlike many Spydercos, the Manix has a good amount of jimping.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

The day I bought my Gayle Bradley 2 I thought it was a steal and I still feel that way today.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Still the Manix 2 LW S110V. More knife than you'll ever need, and for around $100 (at least mine was at launch). In my eyes, that's a whole lotta bang for that buck.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Zdp delica.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm going to go a little off course here for a moment. Not at all trying to derail this most interesting thread but there is a line of Spyderco Products that many of you overlook. Personally I think the best money I've ever invested in Spyderco stuff is all the sharpening tools I've bought from them.

The 204 Sharpmaker for what you get from it in years of dependable performance is truly some of the best money I ever spent. Oh some of their great folders and fixed blades offer up great value too. But they are pretty much useless without a tool to keep them sharp. And Spyderco unlike most commercial knife companies has covered that base rather nicely. In my humble opinion Spyderco's sharpening tools are some of the best values on the knife and tool market that I can think of.

Because remember "First They Made Things SHARP">> they said it themselves. Again without tools to keep your knives sharp they are borderline worthless for practical uses.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

good point JD
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JD Spydo wrote: The 204 Sharpmaker for what you get from it in years of dependable performance is truly some of the best money I ever spent.
+1
The best $50 I ever spent. Using for 11 years and on second set of brown stones. It is certainly the best tool, which I have. Also my first Spyderco.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian