Meerkat HAP40

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pdptrow

Meerkat HAP40

Post by pdptrow »

Perusing the coming soon knives at HQ and spied this jem, Spyderco Meerkat Sprint Run Knife Burnt Orange FRN (2" Satin HAP40) C64JPBORE
I like it.
SG89

Re: Meerkat HAP40

Post by SG89 »

Me too i preordered one
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jdw

Post by jdw »

I love the detail on their smaller blades. I have plenty of large use folders but
when you just need to slice something open then you can't beat the design of their smaller blades. I haven't owned
a Meerkat but I really like the idea. I regularly use ManBug, Dfly, and Cricket and think that they all rock.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Knifeworks is not showing this knife as of yet. I am bummed. I may have to break down and pre-order from KC. I prefer to deal with KW as they have no issues when shipping over here. However, this is one of my most looked forward to knives.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

Can I ask about the name? Meerkat? It's an Afrikaans word (most likely descendant from Dutch or Flemish).

I'm interested in why the name Meerkat was chosen, and not its English name, suricate.

Either way, because it has an "Afrikaans" name, and suricates are fairly common over here, I need to own one of these :-)
timlara

Post by timlara »

The Meerkat is one of the most under-appreciated gems in the Spyderco lineup IMO. It's a great size, was one of the first models I remember having a wire clip, and it's really fun to trick people with the "phantom" lock on it as a conversation piece.

I missed the last sprint in burgundy, and I am NOT gonna let that happen again! :)
Tim
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Skaaphaas wrote:Can I ask about the name? Meerkat? It's an Afrikaans word (most likely descendant from Dutch or Flemish).

I'm interested in why the name Meerkat was chosen, and not its English name, suricate.

Either way, because it has an "Afrikaans" name, and suricates are fairly common over here, I need to own one of these :-)
At least in the US - "Meerkat" is the English name. I had to look "suricate" up; had never heard it before.

There's my new thing learned for the day, hah. :)
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

Skywalker wrote:
Skaaphaas wrote:Can I ask about the name? Meerkat? It's an Afrikaans word (most likely descendant from Dutch or Flemish).

At least in the US - "Meerkat" is the English name. I had to look "suricate" up; had never heard it before.

There's my new thing learned for the day, hah. :)
Oh great! I learn't something too!

Although we would pronounce it "mere cut" :-)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I love the Meercat so this is making my must have list.

My wallet is sobbing to itself and rocking in the corner.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

The reverse S Meerkat is beyond bada$$. Make that in an FFG