PM2s, just how many...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SC_PATRIOT

PM2s, just how many...

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I have user XHP and Jade m4 and backups in safe. S110V, Elmax, Cruwear, and finally a m390.
Realistically how many is enough to stop the itch?????
Of course everyone will say never but there are other models. HELP me please.
Sharp Guy

Re: PM2s, just how many...

Post by Sharp Guy »

I only have 2. Since I got the Cruwear my other one (black DLC) hasn't seen any pocket time and it might end up on the cull list.

If I end up liking the Para 3 as much as I hope I will and they start doing sprints I can see myself ending up in your situation.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

If a collector I don't think there is a number; you have to have an example of each. Period. I am not a collector myself and of the dozen or so I bought have sold 8. Most were sprints too. I just could not stand the thought of all that money sitting in the safe knowing I would never use them. If I were rich to the point I never even looked at cost, then sure, my outlook might be different.

Now my struggle with the four I have are I hate to use them because I can't afford backups and know replacing if broke or lost might be difficult to impossible. So, I don't use em. So, do I sell em since I don't want to hoard knives I won't use?
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Well, either have a goal or just wing it.
The pm2 is the only model that I have more than one of (jade m4, s110v, cruwear).
Usually each knife has to be unique in my collection. Got cruwear because I only had it with mule. Jade g10 was enough to buy. Only s110v for me so far. All of them get used. I guess I'm winging it. Buy what you like.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I'd say buy 'em all if it makes you happy. I've only have one now - Jade M4 - but I've had more in the past. For me, the endless stream of super steels kind of lessens my desire to get the latest when I know there's another one coming down the pike. That said, I don't love the Para 2. I acknowledge that it's one of the best designs and values in modern knife history but it doesn't evoke much passion in me. I tend to get more excited when a knife has some embellishment or a little bling. I admit that titanium frame locks have a firm hold on me right now.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Until last week, I only had two (M390 and S90V/154CM) and was perfectly happy. Then I picked up a Jade M4 at the factory seconds sale since it was so crazy cheap. I tend to prefer buying a wide variety of models rather than multiple variations of models I already have, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to collect them all.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I've been grabbing at least 2 of the sprints and exclusives I like, as someone else mentioned, I hate the thought of losing or breaking the only one I have so I buy backups. I will admit I did buy 3 of the Cruwear sprints, probably my favorite steel at the moment and I wanted to put one into a set of flytanium scales. Right now I'm up to 15 total I think, love the PM2.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It only took one Manix 2 to kill my Para 2 itch ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

There is no limit, and there is no need to set a limit. I have only 5 but I will buy more as new models are introduced. I also like the Manix 2 and have a number of them. These two model families have pushed almost all other brands and models out of my EDC group. I don't even look at new models from other companies, I know it won't work.

I carry all 5 of these:

Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I have 7 different PM2's, and 2 backups (Cruwear and M390). It really makes me happy to possess these amazing modern pocket knives. I don't plan on culling any of them. The way I see it, if I ever have children I can pass them on to them. Plus, you only live once.
Ruarch

Post by Ruarch »

I have 3 PM2s but about 35 Spydercos total. I have no backups. I use the **** out of them. I enjoy every minute of it. If I break or lose a knife... I move on. I hate it but that is the beauty of Spyderco, there is always something to look forward to!
Bacon. Sometimes beer, but mostly bacon. I like Spydercos.
SpyderNation member #0621

Recently acquired: M390 PM2

On deck: KW Ti Military Exclusive, Slysz Bowie, S90V/CPM154 Manix 2, RN Chap

WRU SHAMAN!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Just one:
oh... I'm keeping my S30v beater and a Cruwear just in case. So three? :confused:
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I am waiting for a 5th, a Cruwear.

Realistically for me, two is enough, a blue and a black one... :p

For some reason the itching just continues. I think the forum is to blame... :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I have but 1 as part of my collection.....I do have 4 Manixes though :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

I'm on the same boat with Evil D. Manix 2 anytime, any day.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

I currently have two: Cruwear and M390. I'm telling myself that is sufficient since I have one stainless and one tool steel.....at least until the next awesome sprint comes out ;)
WCC

Post by WCC »

There's a limit, unfortuanately...once you have all of them.

Latest Cruwear in the middle.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Woah^^^^
Saxconnection

Post by Saxconnection »

WCC wrote:There's a limit, unfortuanately...once you have all of them.

Latest Cruwear in the middle.
Wow! Nice collection!
Adam

Currently looking for...Stretch C90PBLE......PM2 C81CFPE2...Custom Dragonfly Scales...and my holy grail, for now-C10PSGRE-Lost it at a shoot when I had to change out a flat tire. Haven't found a replacement.

Shoot straight, stay sharp!