2017 Spyderco Product Guide is LIVE!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rybu0305

Re: 2017 Spyderco Product Guide is LIVE!

Post by rybu0305 »

Lots of very cool stuff I am excited about.

I am most excited about the new D'Allara. Already pre-ordered from KC. Any chance they will remove the back spacer and do open construction with pillars for production?

No Sage 3 in the catalog :( Will it be discontinued?
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Spydergirl88 wrote:I just preordered Lil Nilakka and Meerkat from KC
Thanks for the heads up. Pre-ordered the meerkat, q ball, and chefs knife. That didn't take long to get the pre-order up.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

rybu0305 wrote: No Sage 3 in the catalog :( Will it be discontinued?
Discontinued.

See the 2016 Discontinued List thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72275
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

Such a nice catalog filled with sweet surprises! Thank you to everyone involved on both the new products and the reveal :)

Still very excited about the Jess Horn. Looking at the listing on KC, it's a tad pricy, but not as bad as some of the other G10 offerings from Japan.

I'd say my only disappointment is to see the Lil Nilakka won't be regular production, but I guess it's a bit of a niche design, so I can understand. And lastly, for someone who never cared about the Police series, I have to admit this new edition certainly has my attention now!
The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Oooh! Just Oooh!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
tripscheck'em wrote:well, that was interesting. The Polestar is actually the one I'm looking forward to the most, a shame bd1 is only offered in Chinese knives though.
And Taipei. Chicago, Cat, Rhino
And Golden. ManixLW
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

All of this greatness I want.... And Massdrop had to pile on with an exclusive.....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

HAP40 Caly 3 in dark green G10

WOW :)
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Thank you spyderco team for bringing the left hand military back!
shaztecs_knives on instagram
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I could rave for pages about the catalogue -- so many must-haves!!!

I am especially excited for the new H1 offerings. Hope that H1 Manbug and Fishhunter appear soon!
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

New ATR looks great.

The HAP40 Caly 3 is tempting.

Interested in the Native 5 Maxamet, but the grey FRN looks sort of blah in the pics.

But the Lil'Temperance 3 can't get here fast enough for me. Ever since I handled the prototype at BLADE a few years back I've wanted it.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I agree...that Caly 3 is tempting.

Well that settles my Q Ball vs Delica debate. I don't think I like the Q Ball $96 more than the Delica. :eek: Very cool lock and design on the Q Ball. I just can't pull the trigger on VG10 that's in the high triple digits.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I already placed pre-order for Caly3.
ATR2 looks great, but after I saw the price, the knife moved from "must have" to "tempting". Fortunately this is not a sprint and I will have plenty of time to decide. Actually price should not surprise.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
mb1

Post by mb1 »

...and the Sustain...that's a pretty formidable looking chunk o 20CV. I haven't seen anyone mention it. I'll look fwd to some reviews on that beast.

So many tempting goodies...sigh. Spyderco is both the best and worst knife company on the planet if you know what I mean. ;)
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

This Catalog has a lot that I like in it, especially the ATR 2. I bought my first spyderco and quickly got the bug. For some reason the ATR design caught my eye, and I have wanted one for years, but couldn't my hands on one. Happy day for me! :spyder:
francoiski

Post by francoiski »

This new catalogue is just great! And also THANK YOU Spyderco for giving a leftie some new options :) I always wanted to try the PM and M with my strong hand.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ippon,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

mb1 wrote:...and the Sustain...that's a pretty formidable looking chunk o 20CV. I haven't seen anyone mention it. I'll look fwd to some reviews on that beast.

So many tempting goodies...sigh. Spyderco is both the best and worst knife company on the planet if you know what I mean. ;)
I attended the Amsterdam Meet 2 years ago when the Sustain (at that time called the "slither") was shown. It's very comfortable in hand, and I was shocked at how amazingly light it seemed for its size.

Like many others have said, this is the most exciting Spyderco catalog in recent memory, and I like to think I've been in the game for a little while at this point!

This is just the short list:
Chinook!
Ouroboros
Jazzica
Caly Hap40 (love the green!)
D'allara (although more out of sentiment than anything)
Magnitude
Sustain

I'll also be interested to see some in the wild shots of the new Chaparral.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal and anyone who can answer this, please: I take it the new Fish Hunter will be a regular design, for as long as it lasts, until whatever market etc forces lead to it's discontinuation, like the Jump Master and Warrior, is that correct?
Secondly, will the new D`Allara we all saw in the catalog also be a standard new item, or, is it one of these Sprint runs or Flash Batches? Thank you in advance!
Anubisman

Post by Anubisman »

Like everyone else very gratified for the diversity and cool design of the new introductions. Already pre-ordered the Q-Ball!