BBS M390 PARA PRE-ORDER!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
NiallRiv

BBS M390 PARA PRE-ORDER!

Post by NiallRiv »

Live now
jdw

Re: BBS M390 PARA PRE-ORDER!

Post by jdw »

I have ordered from them and I know they are an extremely reputable dealer but they are the last place that I would choose to deal with.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

"I have ordered from them, and have no cause for complaint, but I don't recommend them."

#disproportionatebbshate
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Trying real hard to resist this one
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
nick800

Post by nick800 »

I posted on BladeForums that shipping was $14 freaking dollars. Give me a break.

I also like how they put this statement after your order: " When you placed your order with or submitted payment to Bento Box Shop, you unconditionally agreed to and accepted all of Bento Box Shop's Terms and Conditions. "
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

You are aware it costs money to ship things...

Do this: Add the cost of shipping to the cost of the knife in your head, and imagine they charged you that and offered you FREE SHIPPING!!!!!1

Also, nothing is stopping you from suing a company that takes advantage of you. But...if you were willing to pay the price of the knife, and you got a knife you liked, then what did their terms and conditions matter? They're not offering you a continuing service like phone or cable (which we all agree to their ever-changing terms constantly).

A little sleuthing has uncovered their nefarious practice of hiding their terms and conditions...at the bottom of their homepage. If they were difficult for you to find, I'll post them here, but be prepared to decipher the complex legalese!!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Bento Box Shop has adopted Spyderco’s policy and will not ship any locking knives to the entire State of New York until there is a clear understanding about how New York is interpreting their laws. If you inadvertently place an order with a State of New York shipping address, we will cancel your order and provide you with a refund.

For United States orders, shipping is via United States Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail with insurance and tracking to any 49 States. Please note that we are required to collect 9% sales tax for orders shipped to the State of California. Please click here for post purchase information. If you would like to pay with a USPS Money Order or Cashier's Check, please send us an email with your order and shipping zip code.

On a trial basis, we are making all of our products available to international buyers. Shipping is via United States Postal Service (USPS) Express Mail International/EMS with tracking. The customs form will be filled out accurately and we are not responsible if customs seize or confiscate the knife or knives. Also, we are not responsible if the package is lost or damaged in transit. Please click here for additional information.

To be fair to all of our customers, we are unable to hand pick knives for specific attributes before they are shipped. Everything on this website is genuine and 100% factory brand new. Unless stated otherwise, all of the products have passed Spyderco’s rigid quality control and are within their production tolerance or standards.

All sales are final. If you feel that there is an issue with your Spyderco knife, please contact Spyderco’s Warranty and Repair Department either by phone at (800) 525-7770, extension 255, or by email at customerservice@spyderco.com.

By conducting business with or purchasing products from Bento Box Shop, you unconditionally agree to and accept all of our Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact us at bentoboxshop@yahoo.com. Like us on Facebook for future Sprint Run and exclusive announcements.
jdw

Post by jdw »

tvenuto wrote:"I have ordered from them, and have no cause for complaint, but I don't recommend them."

#disproportionatebbshate
Are you their spokesperson? Before throwing darts at people you don't know I would suggest that you take a deep breath and try to relax. Why do you even care what someone else's opinion is without having all of the information?
--Wovoka
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

jdw wrote:Are you their spokesperson? Before throwing darts at people you don't know I would suggest that you take a deep breath and try to relax. Why do you even care what someone else's opinion is without having all of the information?
Not at all. I am completely relaxed, and really don't care about your opinion, which you are entitled to.

It seems to be trendy to hate on BBS for little to no reason, which is what I was pointing out. If you had a reason not to deal with them, what was it? Why not give us "all the information?"
jdw

Post by jdw »

Because I prefer not to be argumentative. I don't even know you. I have had my own dealings with them. I believe they have a usurious business model that has nothing to do with you. I wish you well.
--Wovoka
BTG

Post by BTG »

I got mine ordered, I've got nothing against BBS, I realize they're more expensive and don't get anything from them that I can possibly get somewhere else, but this is an exclusive I've been wanting for a while so I'm in..coming out of my 2nds sale budget.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I too have been wanting this knife for a loooong time but gonna pass because of how they run the preorder. They actually take the money upfront and not til in hand and ready to ship. No one else I deal with actually takes your money til they are ready to deliver it. So, not sure if BB will refund if for some reason you have to back out. I am not comfortable with that.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Thanks for the heads up. I almost jumped. Still on the fence with this one. Do I grab it, or save $50.00 and order the S110V model? It's good to have choices like these to make.
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

This is one of those ones where you just have to bite the bullet and go for it! I pre-ordered mine! :D
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Been wanting one of these for a long time, but I've never been willing to pay the prices they go for on the secondary market. So glad I checked the forum today! Would have been extremely bummed if I missed this one.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

jdw wrote:Because I prefer not to be argumentative. I don't even know you. I have had my own dealings with them. I believe they have a usurious business model that has nothing to do with you. I wish you well.
I was asking for information, which is by its very nature inarguable, and is insensitive to the audience. Said plainly, if you had a bad experience, no one is going to refute you, and it doesn't matter who I or anyone else is. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if you did have a bad experience this forum would definitely like to hear about it, as we all talk about the good and the bad which helps others decide who to buy from/what knives to buy etc. Basically, it would help to add to the collective knowledge of the forum.

"I hate bento box shop!" is an opinion, and while you have the right to it, it's completely useless to anyone else.

"I ordered from BBS, and the knife was poorly packaged, and they refused to give me tracking or let me know it was shipping." is information, and might help others decide whether or not to order from them.

Yelling "FIRE!" in a burning building is conveying information, which is useful to the other inhabitants, whether they choose to run or not. Yelling "EVERYONE RUN!" because it's your opinion that everyone should run is not, and could be confusing at best, and hurtful at worst.

Also, unless they have provided you a loan, they don't have a usurious business model, which is something I can say for sure. Which, I merely point out to convey information.
jdw

Post by jdw »

tvenuto wrote:
jdw wrote:Because I prefer not to be argumentative. I don't even know you. I have had my own dealings with them. I believe they have a usurious business model that has nothing to do with you. I wish you well.
I was asking for information, which is by its very nature inarguable, and is insensitive to the audience. Said plainly, if you had a bad experience, no one is going to refute you, and it doesn't matter who I or anyone else is. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that if you did have a bad experience this forum would definitely like to hear about it, as we all talk about the good and the bad which helps others decide who to buy from/what knives to buy etc. Basically, it would help to add to the collective knowledge of the forum.

"I hate bento box shop!" is an opinion, and while you have the right to it, it's completely useless to anyone else.

"I ordered from BBS, and the knife was poorly packaged, and they refused to give me tracking or let me know it was shipping." is information, and might help others decide whether or not to order from them.

Yelling "FIRE!" in a burning building is conveying information, which is useful to the other inhabitants, whether they choose to run or not. Yelling "EVERYONE RUN!" because it's your opinion that everyone should run is not, and could be confusing at best, and hurtful at worst.

Also, unless they have provided you a loan, they don't have a usurious business model, which is something I can say for sure. Which, I merely point out to convey information.
I have no quarrel with you. I stated my opinion. I really do wish you the best.
--Wovoka
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I've been waiting for this for about 3 years so I definitely got my preorder in! I just wish I could afford more than one. I'm glad to see the price is reasonable. Maybe they will have them in stock for a while and I'll be able to grab another down the road. That color of blue is something special for sure. I've never tried M390 before either.

Maybe someone could start a separate thread about BBS so this one can be about the knife.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

The smurf PM2 is probably my favorite and most carried.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I've been waiting for this for about 3 years so I definitely got my preorder in! I just wish I could afford more than one. I'm glad to see the price is reasonable. Maybe they will have them in stock for a while and I'll be able to grab another down the road. That color of blue is something special for sure. I've never tried M390 before either.

Maybe someone could start a separate thread about BBS so this one can be about the knife.
Agreed on all points! I know some people were complaining about the price over at Bladeforums, but I believe the first run of these sold for $179 and the second run sold for $189, so I was pleasantly surprised to see BBS keep the price of this 3rd run at $189 plus shipping. I was worried they would jack the price up above $200. Is it still expensive at $189 plus shipping? Of course. It's not as good of a "deal" (read value) as the CTS-204P, satin CTS-XHP, or Cruwear versions were, but it's much less expensive than the Blue M390 PM2s go for on the secondary market. I happily gave BBS my money for one of these.

Also about BBS: Do I completely agree with their sales policies and strategies? No. But they're providing a brand new blue M390 PM2, and I can't get that anywhere else, so I will happily pay them for one. And I agree the discussion here should stay on point about the PM2. There are plenty of other threads where people can specifically discuss BBS if they want to.
timlara

Post by timlara »

Tempting, but I don't think this one can unseat my KW dark green 204p version as my favorite PM2 overall.

I have had nothing but good service from BBS, though, so I would definitely buy from them without hesitation. I am a little surprised they aren't putting any order limits on these, but maybe the price is just high enough to mitigate the ebay flippers.
Tim