Ed Schempp

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TALON52

Re: Ed Schempp

Post by TALON52 »

New pocket clip came today, now I have a deep carry Schempp Tuff!

USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
arty

Post by arty »

I have a 75 mm Persian II in my pocket right now. I regret not picking up the bolstered version when they were available. For sure, I would get a sprint run of the smaller Persian in an upgraded steel or CF handle.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Here's my take on a Tuff deep carry clip - a modded STR Military short clip :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice pieces guys, especially like that suppressor bead RS, got a couple of those myself, they look even better in person.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be quite pleased if this thread turned into a sprint run of the Persian. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

Nice clip RS. :)
USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
bh49

Post by bh49 »

arty wrote:I have a 75 mm Persian II in my pocket right now. I regret not picking up the bolstered version when they were available. For sure, I would get a sprint run of the smaller Persian in an upgraded steel or CF handle.
I saw few C105 sold on e-bay not long time ago. IMHO they were sold at quite decent price, around $140-150. Considering today's prices, if Spyderco would produce sprint, it certainly will be more expensive. So, if you really want one, just keep an eye on secondary market
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

BTW, since we started this thread, I started to carry C83 again. Really great knife. Like it was made for my hand.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Maybe I missed it, but if the ethnic series has not included a scottish sgian-dubh, here is my vote.

Though it is a small, dagger-shaped, fixed blade it would lend itself readily to being a folder. Only edged on one side, traditional file marks on the spine are comparable to modern day jimping. The handles often have palm swells or finger grooves that would provide access to the opening hole and liner lock or back lock. And, my personal favorite, wait for it... brass or other polished metal bolsters frequently adorn the hilt. Typically worn with the upper portion of the handle showing above the sock in traditional scottish attire, a clip that allows it to carry proud of the pocket would follow tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgian-dubh
Google Images of sgian-dubh knives.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

That looks very dagger like and the next knife in the series is in fact a European style dagger. I believe it is based more on the traditional dagger that came from Switzerland but I also think that getting another folding dagger is a long shot at the moment. The Eurodagger does look cool.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Indeed, the EuroEdge is high on my list of must have Schempp ethnics. I really hope it drops before Christmas, I'd like to grab at least 2, 1 for me and 1 for my youngest son who I think loves the Ethnic's even more than I do. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
BTG

Post by BTG »

[quote="arty"]I have a 75 mm Persian II in my pocket right now. I regret not picking up the bolstered version when they were available. For sure, I would get a sprint run of the smaller Persian in an upgraded steel or CF handle.[/quote

Love the bolsters, unfortunately I hadn't started collecting when they were available.....lucky for me BBS is overpriced and I managed to get possibly the last red one they had...looked the next day and they not there anymore....love that look....
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

I love Mr Schempp's designs- So much so that the wife had this done for me at Golden:

The Equilibirum is a genius design- it's the perfect craft knife, so much control with the shape for finer work and deeper cuts both.

I will say I was- and remain- someone who doesn't like the Bowie- Only for the (probably churlish reason) that I can't stand seeing brass next to carbon fibre....
Brass and wood- Perfect.
Steel or Alloy and carbon fibre- Perfect
Brass and carbon fibre- Argh! Does not compute! Is it trying to be traditional or modern- it can't be both at once!
(It's a bit like when I hear or see an advert that states "New & Improved"- I normally yell at the TV- "NO- it's New OR improved, it cannot be both!"....It's probably a sign of early onset insanity :D )
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/