Dull Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Re: Dull Blade

Post by spydutch »

When I was still collecting (from 2005 till 2010) I ordered all my Spydies from New Graham.
Sure I got some lemons in terms of the ever present vertical play in the back locks, but I never got a dull blade.
v8r

Re: Dull Blade

Post by v8r »

CC13, I have personally owned 75+ Spyderco knives through the years. One thing was consistent, they were all/ have been sharp. It's true some were sharper than others, but all were shaving sharp. Not saying that there aren't any that don't occasionally slip out that aren't sharp, but it isn't the norm for the company.
The coating on the blade sounds a little strange, and isn't anything I have seen before. I have owned several of the Endura model. The stainless handled models had a clear static cling film on the handles , but I have never seen one on the blade.
If I were in your shoes, I would contact Amazon to see if I could return it. I would let them know that I have my doubts as wether it is used or a counterfeit.
These days I personally don't mind paying a little more money to a reputable dealer. It just seems like a lot less hassle to get a product that is useable and as described.
By the way, welcome to the forum.