Spyderco/flashlight match-up.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gadget

Spyderco/flashlight match-up.....

Post by Gadget »

So, what flashlight do you carry with your Spyderco?

I've matched up three of my Spyderco knives with the flashlight that I think goes best with them.......

.........Ladybug 3/Fenix E05........... Native 5 G10/Streamlight L1-1AA.......... Paramilitary 2/Shurefire G2X Pro

I carry the first pair all the time, if I am away from home for the day I also carry the second pair, if I am in the country/at the cabin, the third, (haven't been away with them yet) ;)

So what combinations of knife/flashlight do you carry?

cheers, John
Last edited by Gadget on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Spyderco/flashlight match-up.....

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't pair my flashlight with a knife. I carry the same flashlight everyday. A FourSevens in my pocket and either a Quark mini or a Maratac copper aaa on my keys.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Ever since I got a Jetbeam Mini-1 I don't EDC anything else. I love flashlights though so maybe I'll try to get creative when I get home.

Added a few pics from the archive:

Last edited by abbazaba on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Maratac brass aaa, and a streamlight scorpion hl everyday.
Josh
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I don't pair a light with my knife either, I carry a Fenix PD35 in my pack every day (for serious lumen) and always have my Veleno D2 in my shirt pocket, the D2 is by far my favorite little light, it doesn't throw a ton of light but its so small and well built, just easy to carry.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

Usually don't match either. Daily it is one of the Olight S1 Batons at 500 lumens max. For fishing trips it is the Fenix UC30 at 1000 lumens.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Work-horses for me ... Delica 4 SG and an 18650 Solarforce L2m with a dual mode xpg2 Sportac triple drop-in. Not pretty, but effective.
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Nice thread and pics! I have a Fenix in the truck and one in my pocket. Also have some Sunwayman, Klarus and EagleTac lights. I was hooked on flashlights for a bit before I discovered Spydies :)
Evil D

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I also don't pair them up in any particular combo, I tend to stick to the same light more than I do the same knife. This is the current combo.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

Love this thread. Will be making some contributions shortly, but please keep them coming!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I used to carry a single AAA FourSevens Preon Revo stainless as part of my EDC, but I find that I rarely actually use it, so it lives in my work bag within arms reach most weekdays:

If I need more juice or over the weekends I usually have the single AA Zebralight SC52 closeby:
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm short on pictures at the moment but 99% of the time I have a Peak Eiger on me with a high cri LED. A SS 2-AAA one, brass turbo head, or copper normal one. Great lights :D
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Same two lights are on me almost everyday. It is the knives that change..

ImageUntitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Sunwayman C22C and Tasman

adding a SAK for medical interventions, around people use and stuff

the three punch much higher than their weight and size might suggest!
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

I remember taking this pic just when I received my PM2, and the Olight was about a week old:

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Skaaphaas wrote:I remember taking this pic just when I received my PM2, and the Olight was about a week old:
How's the copper holding up? I have the silver version, and even thought the build quality doesn't inspire confidence when opening beers with it, its the lightest, smallest AAA I've had. It lived in my swim trunks all summer with a DF2 Salt (good pair) and still works fine despite swimming in the pool almost every day.
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

abbazaba wrote:
Skaaphaas wrote:I remember taking this pic just when I received my PM2, and the Olight was about a week old:
How's the copper holding up? I have the silver version, and even thought the build quality doesn't inspire confidence when opening beers with it, its the lightest, smallest AAA I've had. It lived in my swim trunks all summer with a DF2 Salt (good pair) and still works fine despite swimming in the pool almost every day.
I don't use it all that often, my S1 sees daily use.

It's started to patina quite irregularly, which I don't like that much.

It makes a decent enough amount of light for indoors tasks, so I usually chuck it in a jacket pocket when going out to dinner at a dressy place, but I feel a bit undergunned with it to be honest.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

abbazaba wrote:
Copper version might end up looking like your dog chewed the end up it if it were used to open bottles haha! :D Though it may not be a good great bottle opener, its definitely a nice little light. Especially if you like copper. Here's mine after a little more than a month of EDC on my keychain.

So far, it's got a nice patina going and has been quite reliable. I tend to prefer AAA and AA lights because they provide plenty of light for my needs, they're generally easier to carry, and they're a more convenient battery type compared to a cr123. Also, feels very solid and well made for the price point.
-Nick :bug-red
BTG

Post by BTG »

Don't usually match up either but the little O lite is always in pocket and jet beam always on keychain with LBHB and ti toothpick, if more tha 500 required the Nitecore SRT revenger is called on.....old surefire 6P just sits in glove box.
IMAG0627-1600x900.jpg
Last edited by BTG on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.