Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Post by TazKristi »

It is official! The Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale will be on Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:00am-5:00pm

This anticipated event is your opportunity to purchase Spyderco factory seconds, closeout items, and other select products at incredible discounts.

Spyderco factory second products are fully functional items with minor blemishes.

- Spyderco factory second products are not covered under our standard warranty policy.
- Maximum purchase of 25 factory second knives.
- No purchase limit on factory second ceramics or first quality products.
- Cash, Check and all major credit cards accepted.
- Event patrons are served on a first come, first served basis.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation. If you have any questions please email SFO at sfo@spyderco.com
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This is gonna make a lot of people very happy! Thanks Spyderco!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Great to hear, was just wondering recently when this was going to be announced!
This year I'm going to do everything I can to try and make it :D
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well this ought to cause some excitement in Spyderville!!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I missed the last one, so may try to make it out for this one. I had a great time when I went a couple years back. This time, however, I'll try to be a little more prepared for camping out in the cold, as I'm used to my warm California nights. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Wish I could make it! Still hoping for an East Coast event ;)
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

See you there!
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Would love to go but won't be able to. If there was one in the midwest I would be all over it! Good luck to everyone who goes, what an awesome event for Spyderco to hold!!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'll make it there one day. Goodluck to all who attend.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

have fun everyone. ill get to make it to this event one of these years.
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

Alright... looks like its time to start up my spreadsheet again. Most of the spydies I own are from last years sale, and I can confirm it is an awesome event. There were definitely deals to be had.
Here is one of my spreadsheets for last year. It was mostly to help me get familiar with the product line and plan purchases since I was brand new to spyderco last year.

EDIT: to clarify, this is something I made BEFORE last year's sale based on prices others had posted from previous years.
2016-10-12 11.56.17 am.png
I was able to get a zdp caly3, a SB caly 3, a (broken tip) zdp dragonfly, (broken tip) sage 1, (broken tip) delica 3, (broken tip) chaparral.
If I remember right the zdp caly was 95$ and the SB caly was 75. The others' prices werent representative since they had more serious defects.

The estimate for last year based on my data was that the knives were 30-40% of MSRP (60-70% off). With the implementation of MAP, Im not sure if the discounts will be as deep off MSRP, but will probably be a similar proportion when compared to MAP. Avg. Amazon pricing pre-MAP was maybe 45% off. So we might expect something more like 55-65% off MSRP this year.

The above is all speculation, but might give you somewhat of an idea of whether the sale is worth it to you.
Last edited by EDC Honeybee on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Argh, it's 2 days after my birthday....But 15 hours and £750 away.....Boo.

Enjoy all and give the team my love!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

EDC Honeybee wrote: The above is all speculation, but might give you somewhat of an idea of whether the sale is worth it to you.
Unless they drastically changed Mule discounts last year, when I was there the year before I seem to remember them only being discounted by $10 or $15 from MSRP. It certainly was not nearly the same discount as the other knives.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

jabba359 wrote:
EDC Honeybee wrote: The above is all speculation, but might give you somewhat of an idea of whether the sale is worth it to you.
Unless they drastically changed Mule discounts last year, when I was there the year before I seem to remember them only being discounted by $10 or $15 from MSRP. It certainly was not nearly the same discount as the other knives.
Yep. I remember most of the fixed blades werent as heavily discounted as I would have liked, which kept me from buying them. Also, the chipped blades I bought were not representative of what was at the sale. There were not a lot of broken tip knives compared to seconds that were difficult to find the defect on. The chart I posted above was just part of my spreadsheet made BEFORE I went to the sale, based on sale prices others had posted from years prior, so some were not similar at all. I havent compiled anything similar for this year yet. I think my to-buy list will be much shorter now that I have had time to handle most of the product line and have seen what I want to carry.

Some models there were hundreds of, others there were very very few. I only saw 2 dragonflies all day. Both were returns, both with broken tips.

It was a great experience, all the people I met in line were super nice and some of us sort of grouped up to help each other find what we wanted since we had different goals.
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I can't wait! I've made every SFO seconds sale since I've lived in Colorado. I told myself this year I'm not going to spend that much money and I'll create a list of what I'm looking for. Well, that list is now 8 knives deep and I'm sure there will be things I see there that I just NEED to buy, so we'll see how my budget goes.

I'll be camping out Friday night after work, so I'll see you guys in about a month!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Well, I moved back to the north east so for this year I am out. If anybody who is going wants to help a brother out let me know. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Cody_G93

Post by Cody_G93 »

I'll be going again this year. Going to try to get a hotel in the area for the night before so I can get a better spot in line in the morning. After going last year I kind of know what to expect as far as what models they will have. Last year I found a CF Dodo and ended up getting that instead of some others I wanted. So this year I'll be back to get those and will have a bigger budget so hopefully will be able to get all that's on my list.
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

What a tease, I'm way to far east for this. :(
BTG

Post by BTG »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Well, I moved back to the north east so for this year I am out. If anybody who is going wants to help a brother out let me know. ;)

Bummer, was thinking I was going to go for sure, even though I don't really need anything, just since the whole experience was Just a lot of fun..now I'm on the fence...Ahhh, what the ****, I didn't know anyone last year...probably just hit up the discount table....great deal on the EDC GITD M2xl last year...plus being from California, it's my only chance to use the cold weather clothes I got for last years sale...lol...but true.
traub64

Post by traub64 »

OH WELL! No way I can make it. But MAYBE some time in the future!!