Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
laylow

Re: Spyderco Factory Outlet Seconds Sale!

Post by laylow »

Nice. The wife and I will be there.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I swear one year I will make it up there!!

If anyone wants to/is able to snag me up some stuff please let me know!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ugh...anyone want to help me out with a knife or two?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
laylow

Post by laylow »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Ugh...anyone want to help me out with a knife or two?
PM incoming.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

What he said ^^^
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’ll make it there one year eventually..I’d go this year but my son is due to arrive on October 19th and I’m sure the misses would kill me if I left a month after to go too Golden hahaha. I hope everyone has fun!
Josh
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I'll be out there the week before. Waaaaaah! So close.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I wish. Kind of long plane trip though... :(
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

xceptnl wrote:
What he said ^^^
what they said ^^^^
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

I'll be there. If anyone is looking for a particular knife, we could buddy up with other members, exchange emails/phone numbers and look for a couple knives on their wish lists. Anyone else?
carpdiem

Post by carpdiem »

Oh man, won't be able to make it myself, though if anyone who will is willing to help a fellow forumite out, I'd appreciate it!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well... I've never mentioned this before because I was afraid it would be too much of an imposition, and maybe I didn't feel like I deserved the trouble or personally knew any forum members well enough to ask... but I could name a couple of possible knives and would immediately (or in advance) transfer $$ from my paypal acct to buyer's plus $15 or $20 for "shipping & handling" :p :confused:

Disclaimer: If I were there I'd probably be scrabbling around, elbows out, trying to find the best deals for myself (in a nice way of course :) ) So if nobody includes me I totally understand and still love you ;) And if anybody should agree to do this for people who can't come I think they should take the best knives/deals for themselves and not feel obligated to do it for more than maybe one member (personal friends, etc, excepted of course)...just my humble opinion.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

Northglenn500 wrote:I'll be there. If anyone is looking for a particular knife, we could buddy up with other members, exchange emails/phone numbers and look for a couple knives on their wish lists. Anyone else?
Me. Definitely interested as I will not be able to make it.

I live in Atlanta. Great for NRA and BLADE, horrible when fun sales like this come around and I can't make it =\

I need to surprise the missus with a spur of the moment Colorado trip one of these days and casually bring up 'oh look, there's a place I'd like to go' :cool:
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

sonarsessions wrote:
Northglenn500 wrote:I'll be there. If anyone is looking for a particular knife, we could buddy up with other members, exchange emails/phone numbers and look for a couple knives on their wish lists. Anyone else?
Me. Definitely interested as I will not be able to make it.

I live in Atlanta. Great for NRA and BLADE, horrible when fun sales like this come around and I can't make it =\

I need to surprise the missus with a spur of the moment Colorado trip one of these days and casually bring up 'oh look, there's a place I'd like to go' :cool:
& me, as implied above and mentioned in PM ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Nate

Post by Nate »

Am I the only who feels like Spyderco needs to raise prices on the seconds? Seems like they're leaving a lot of money on the table... Plus if the deals weren't so insane I wouldn't feel so bummed about missing out ever year. :eek: :D

(Just kidding, mostly :p )
:spyder:
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

I just reached out to DougC-3. If everyone buddy's up, we could help out quite a few fellow members
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

If we can figure out a buddy system count me in! I’d be interested in anything that people end up buying and then not wanting or anything with broken tips.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would love a few seconds. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I need a buddy
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Northglenn500 wrote:I just reached out to DougC-3. If everyone buddy's up, we could help out quite a few fellow members
Thanks, Northglenn500, this is awesome!

My first couple of years on the forum, I followed every minute of the discussions about the seconds sales -- my wife and I had just had a similar experience spending the night outside the local ATT store in line for her Ipad Air when they first came out. But from my location in Alabama, it's a 20 hour hard drive to golden, so it would not wind up saving very much money :( and I sort of gave up on ever getting there and lost some of my enthusiasm for following the sales.

But thanks to you, Northglenn, I'll be following with great enthusiasm again! My breath is already starting to get bated :p ;)