Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Post by farnorthdan »

wrdwrght wrote:The prospect of a CruWear PM2 excites me, but not a Knife Center pre-order. KC has burned me on a past pre-order. Once burned, twice shy. Any other online stores taking pre-orders. If not, why not?
I'll usually throw up a KC pre-order as a just in case measure, then cancel if I'm able to snag one somewhere else before they can fulfill the pre-order or heck if I love the piece I'll just let her ride. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

farnorthdan wrote:
wrdwrght wrote:The prospect of a CruWear PM2 excites me, but not a Knife Center pre-order. KC has burned me on a past pre-order. Once burned, twice shy. Any other online stores taking pre-orders. If not, why not?
I'll usually throw up a KC pre-order as a just in case measure, then cancel if I'm able to snag one somewhere else before they can fulfill the pre-order or heck if I love the piece I'll just let her ride. :D
This was my thinking on it as well.
nick800

Post by nick800 »

A Sprint Run PM2? It could be made out of milk chocolate, and I'd probably still buy it.
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

Will these be available to other dealers or just to KC?
I just preordered with KC but am not sure I'll be getting one since many people have preordered already.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

:( darn. I'm gonna miss this one. my yearly knife budget was waay over shot this year (early too), but no regrets on the awesome knives I already got this year, I wouldn't trade any of them.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Quick Draw wrote:Will these be available to other dealers or just to KC?
I just preordered with KC but am not sure I'll be getting one since many people have preordered already.
It's a sprint and not an exclusive so should be available elsewhere. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I'm kind of wondering if this is a true sprint or an actual dealer exclusive. If I remember correctly sal said in one of the cruwear threads recently that there was nothing planned but there was a dealer exclusive coming. Or maybe he just said that to try and throw us off.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Appears to be a true sprint. :D BHQ is listing it as well.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

i am travvy wrote:I'm kind of wondering if this is a true sprint or an actual dealer exclusive. If I remember correctly sal said in one of the cruwear threads recently that there was nothing planned but there was a dealer exclusive coming. Or maybe he just said that to try and throw us off.
BladeHQ has the Cruwear PM2 listed on their site, too, so it seems to be a sprint, not a dealer exclusive (unless it's a distributor exclusive). Since Knifecenter lists it as a sprint, I'm guessing that's what it actually is.

I'm excited to try Cruwear in my favorite knife design!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Wow, they are really cranking em out this year! I love my Cruwear Military, and for every great Military there really needs to be a matching PM2. Especially this one, which is not only one of my top 3 steels, but has been on the forum wish list for as long as I've been here. Super excited...for you guys. I can't afford it right now, but you folks are in for yet another treat of a PM2! So cool that Spyderco is always listening. Keep em coming!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

nick800 wrote:A Sprint Run PM2? It could be made out of milk chocolate, and I'd probably still buy it.
Welcome to the forum nick800, milk chocolate PM2 would be a tough one to keep from my wife. :D

FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

The Mastiff wrote:This one has been asked for and wanted since the concept of a Cruwear run came up. It's nice to see it being realized now. I'll tell ya. I have a lot of respect for whoever does the scheduling of production. I'd imagine things could get pretty complicated.

Thank you Spyderco team. :) I'll be getting one. Maybe a Native next?

Joe
Mastiffwear!

Thanks for suggesting this steel and pushing for it :)
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Humint wrote:
I think a Cruwear Native with the Grey G10 and diamond pattern would be absolutely amazing!!!!
Will this one be diamond pattern like the Manix? That would be neat.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

FCM415 wrote:
Humint wrote:
I think a Cruwear Native with the Grey G10 and diamond pattern would be absolutely amazing!!!!
Will this one be diamond pattern like the Manix? That would be neat.
According to KC's description, Yes, the diamond pattern will be used.

Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Yes, indeed we have been bombarded with some pretty fancy Sprint's this year. I just got on the pre-order list. Hopefully I can get one. It will be my first Cru-Wear. It has been a challenge financially but, I said what the heck I only live once. Right? Thanks Spyderco. You guys make a great product, and your customer service is stellar. :)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Mastiffwear!

Thanks for suggesting this steel and pushing for it
:)

It's true that I did probably annoy Sal more than most about Cruwear but I can't really take any credit to be honest. He had Vascowear Gerbers long before I came here. Most likely since they came out in the early 80's. Sal and probably Eric are knife and steel knuts as bad or worse than we are. The mule team program and steel choices like Maxamet are proof of that.

Joe
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Pre-order is up at Knifeworks for $144
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Mr Danger wrote:
ejames13 wrote:Wow. Just when I thought I was done for a while.

Do we have an expected drop date?
Says October /November
May I ask where ? I just preordered one and spoke with a lady from KC and she told me that they have no ETA from Spyderco.
Mr Danger

Post by Mr Danger »

elena86 wrote:
Mr Danger wrote:
ejames13 wrote:Wow. Just when I thought I was done for a while.

Do we have an expected drop date?
Says October /November
May I ask where ? I just preordered one and spoke with a lady from KC and she told me that they have no ETA from Spyderco.
It's on the KnifeCenter listing.
http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GPGY2
Sharp knife / hairless arm.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Orangeneck wrote:Pre-order is up at Knifeworks for $144
Thanks, I've been waiting for KW... :spyder:
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi