Spyderco Manix 2, awesome EDC.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TN.Frank

Spyderco Manix 2, awesome EDC.

Post by TN.Frank »

Short vid of a couple Spyderco Manix 2's I recently picked up.

https://youtu.be/P3PuhI-qXhg
:eek:
TN.Frank

Re: Spyderco Manix 2, awesome EDC.

Post by TN.Frank »

sorry, double tap, LOL
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

The link didn't work for me, bro.
- best wishes, Jazz.
TN.Frank

Post by TN.Frank »

Worked fine for me, give it another try.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

I love it. I love the XL version more though. My top 2 for sure.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Link works for me Frank,

Nice pick up on the M2's, G-10 M2 is one of my favorite :spyder:'s, my collection of M2's is growing and I'm always looking for variations I missed. My favorite so far is probably the Cruwear sprint. I can't even tell the weight difference between skeletonized and non, then again one of the things I like the most about the M2 is how solid they feel and the heft they have.

My most recent M2 is the G-10 S110V, what a beauty that one is, the one I got is 100% perfect, great piece for the money. I'd really like to find the CTS-XHP and S90V carbon fiber, those are getting hard to find NIB at a decent price.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
TN.Frank

Post by TN.Frank »

I love the way the Dark Blue Light Weight carries in my pocket. Sure, the G-10 has a nice heft to it but the gimping on the blade side of the liners is a real hot spot for my hand, no such hot spot with the FRCP handle model. I may try to file down the gimping on that side of the liners and then polish up the edges of the liners so it'll all look the same at a later date but for now I'm just going to carry my DBLW S110V M2. It's really become my favorite EDC knife.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have 3 G10 M2s and they are my fave EDC PE blades. CPM154 M4 and CTS-XHP. Would love S110V or FRCP models.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

This and the M2 XL are my favorite platforms for EDC, but I also love Millies, Enduras, Dragonfly, R nishijin, Superleaf, D'Allaras, etc.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

Nice video! I'm seriously looking at the M2's for my next :spyder: just not sure which flavor yet. Does one or the other (g10 or lw) seem to have smoother action than the other? Truth be told, I'm looking harder at either the blurple s110v and the s30v, but I'm also intrigued by the s110v lw version.
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

death-to-yancey wrote:Nice video! I'm seriously looking at the M2's for my next :spyder: just not sure which flavor yet. Does one or the other (g10 or lw) seem to have smoother action than the other? Truth be told, I'm looking harder at either the blurple s110v and the s30v, but I'm also intrigued by the s110v lw version.
My black G10/S30V is a little smoother than the 3 LW's that I have but not by much. Both versions have their virtues and, in all honesty, if I could only keep one or the other I'd have a really hard time deciding which one to keep.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bwunger

Post by bwunger »

I've been trying wanting to pick up a M2LW for a while now and the recent Maxamet and XHP sprints aren't helping me narrow down my decision. BD-1, CTS-XHP, CPM-S110V, or CTS-Maxamet. Too tough to call. Probably can't go wrong with any of them, but still have to decide. And no, I can't get all 4... Lol.
Current collection: ZDP-189 Delica 4, S110V PM2, St. Nick's 4v Para 3, H1 sheepsfoot Manbug, Kapara, VG-10 Dragonfly, ATS-55 Serrated Delica, ZDP-189 MT04 (not broken yet) + Other non spydercos.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Edit
Last edited by Cogito on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I love the Manix2 (have one in XHP, one in CruWear, and two in M4). One of my M4s is a safe queen (given this sprint's rarity), the other is my most heavily used EDC. I love my S90V Manix2 XL half as much as the standard size. I don't like my S110V Manix2 Lightweight much at all. My dislike is mostly a perception thing. Whatever the truth of the matter, I perceive lined G10 as much stronger than FRCP. Besides, I also find the voids and outer edges in the FRCP scales to be less comfortable than G10. Moreover, I do not mind a little heft in a knife.

All to say, I'm excited to hear about a Maxamet Manix2 but I'll wait for the G10 version, which I trust will come, just as S110V came out in blurple G10 after blue FRCP.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”