Do you actually EDC your favorite knife or...?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gingerninja

Re: Do you actually EDC your favorite knife or...?

Post by gingerninja »

My current favorite is my 204p military, I've been carrying it pretty much since I got it. I wasn't really into bigger knives but just can't keep this piece of awesomeness out of my pocket.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Vivi wrote: Sometimes I pair a SE Tasman Salt with one of my favorites. It's compact, super light, and rips through anything. I'll use it for things I wouldn't cut with some of my nicer folders.
Funny you should say that, because I don't own a Salt or a Hawkbill or a SE, so I've actually been looking and the Tasman SE Hawkbill.

I think I can hear one beckoning! :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Apologies, double!
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Absolutely. Life is too short not to. CF Balance, every day. Some days I'll add something else but that Balance does countless tasks all day long.

Ken
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Favorites get carried, grails on the other hand don't (with some exceptions).
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I do carry my favorite knives. I have more expensive, and perhaps, prettier knives, but I prefer a regular old grey Delica, followed by a G10 DF or a Manbug. I use these and carry these more than any other knives I own.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

My favorite is my Mantra, which I carry a lot. However, I really enjoy all of my knives. I've not been in a financial position to buy knives without a lot of consideration and usually for special occasions like birthdays. So my collection is pretty highly curated. Recently the Nirvana has gotten a lot of pocket time, because Nirvana.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I would say yes. The delica is my favorite design, which is why it was my answer to the "5 years 1 knife" question. I definitely have others I love with cool factor, amazing design, impressive F&F, or sentimental value. But the good old FRN Delica 4 is carried IWB by me 300 days a year, and I'd have to say it's my favorite.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

No. Due to local knife laws I'm often carrying my dice, pits, pingo, or chubby. I'm fond of them, but I'm carrying them based on blade length.
Not sure if I have a favorite.
paladin

Post by paladin »

kbuzbee wrote:Absolutely. Life is too short not to. CF Balance, every day. Some days I'll add something else but that Balance does countless tasks all day long.

Ken
Ken, you're still rockin that Balance?

You truly are a fan of the design! :cool:

Have you tried a Schempp Khuk. or his Equilibrium?
LC Kid

EDC Rules!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Absolutely YES! :D

What's the point of having a favorite EDC blade and not EDC it? :rolleyes:

My regular combo are the Slysz Bowie & Techno & Green Lime SE Jester :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote:Absolutely. Life is too short not to.
Ken
+1
I have few favorites. My most favorite still 2013 Forum Native.
For about a year and half my job included opening boxes, which were closed using fiberglass reinforced tape. So there were a lot of sharpening and the blade got shorter, lost belly and spine brought down at least few times. So the blade doesn't look as good as it used to be and still my hand grabbing this knife. It is IWB now.
I also carrying G10/VG10 Caly3.5 3-4 day every week, Ti Fluted N5 and Caly3 ZDP189 couple times. Grey Jester is on my key-chain every day.
I also carry ZT562CF mostly on weekends
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
kbuzbee wrote:Absolutely. Life is too short not to.
Ken
+1
I have few favorites. My most favorite still 2013 Forum Native.
For about a year and half my job included opening boxes, which were closed using fiberglass reinforced tape. So there were a lot of sharpening and the blade got shorter, lost belly and spine brought down at least few times. So the blade doesn't look as good as it used to be and still my hand grabbing this knife. It is IWB now.
I also carrying G10/VG10 Caly3.5 3-4 day every week, Ti Fluted N5 and Caly3 ZDP189 couple times. Grey Jester is on my key-chain every day.
I also carry ZT562CF mostly on weekends
Man, those Grey Jesters were super nice. I kind of regret not stocking up on those when they were still more abundant. :o It would be sweet to see another G-10 Jester Sprint. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

The Military (my favorites are the CF ones) doesn't normally get carried at work or in the city center due to regulations, but everything else gets carried. Been carrying one of the CF Walkers the last 10 days when the Millie has been a bit too large...
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

If some favorite version of a Manix2 or PM2 isn't in my RFP, I better have a reason for it. Invariably, I just want pocket time with other Spydies I have bought and kept because I like them. These departures from the norm are only occasional. I do play favorites.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: Man, those Grey Jesters were super nice. I kind of regret not stocking up on those when they were still more abundant. :o It would be sweet to see another G-10 Jester Sprint. :D
+1
Great Jester was my second Jester. The first was burgundy micarta. I bought it a long time after it was discontinued and paid accordingly, so I never was able to bring myself up to carry it. I didn't buy grey Jester right away. With price tag $60+ for such little knife I was hesitant to pull the trigger. After I bought it, I started to regret that I bought only one. But price was already $100+.
So I am all for another run. If Spyderco will make FRN is the color I like, I certainly will buy few for gifts.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote: Man, those Grey Jesters were super nice. I kind of regret not stocking up on those when they were still more abundant. :o It would be sweet to see another G-10 Jester Sprint. :D
+1
Great Jester was my second Jester. The first was burgundy micarta. I bought it a long time after it was discontinued and paid accordingly, so I never was able to bring myself up to carry it. I didn't buy grey Jester right away. With price tag $60+ for such little knife I was hesitant to pull the trigger. After I bought it, I started to regret that I bought only one. But price was already $100+.
So I am all for another run. If Spyderco will make FRN is the color I like, I certainly will buy few for gifts.
Yes, another FRN run of the Jester would be great! Hey, I would mind an H1 Jester too. ;) The Burgundy Jester is one of my favorites. Great little knife.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

Yes. But that's because I only own one Spyderco at the moment.

I have other knives. Since I got my PM2 they've been thrown at the back of the drawer.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Yes, I do EDC my favorite :spyder:s. I buy knives with the intent of using them... and whatever :spyder: happens to be clipped to my pocket could very well get used.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yes. I carry em all.
I just tend to be a little more careful with my favorites.