5 years 1 knife, what would you choose?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cogito

Re: 5 years 1 knife, what would you choose?

Post by Cogito »

Thank you Dan!!!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Ladybug (of any variation)
A bold choice sir. I've got an h1 ladybug and a zdp manbug, even though they wouldn't be my personal choice for the next five years, you could totally do it.
;)

Lol, it was a bit hard for me to admit that a Ladybug would be all that I needed for the next five + years. Thanks to my mundane desk job, I have precious few occasions to test drive my pocket knives. :( I actually have to search for things to cut on a daily basis, lol. My wife and I don't cook, so I don't even have opportunities to utilize knives in the kitchen. (On that note, I have a brand new set of beautiful Wusthof kitchen knives just sitting on the counter gathering dust. :o).
Have you tried whittling? You could use your Ladybug to carve a Delica out of wood :D . On one level I'm right there with you, I don't have nearly enough things to cut in my day to day life to justify the many knives I own. But that won't stop me from buying more, I got my first swiss army knife when I was 7 and I've been collecting with enthusiasm ever since. I'd really love to get to a spot financially where I could move somewhere with a garage and try to make a few fixed blades on my own.
You know, that would probably work well. ;) I used to whittle quite a bit when I was in high school. In fact, my brother and I had a side "business" of making hand-whittled fishing lures out of poplar and balsa wood. It was a lot of fun, even though we didn't make much in terms of profit.

I would very much encourage you to look into making some fixed bladed knives when you can. Even if you don't presently have garage space, you can still set up a little shop of sorts in a garden shed, a corner of the basement, or even in a buddy's garage. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Delica 4 FFG, Gray
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

First choice - Caly 3.5

Alternate choice - PM2 (w/ any variety of stainless steel + aftermarket deep pocket clip)
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

Easy! Yojimbo 2

Boar-gen
LC Kid

Slysz Bowie Rules!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Spyderco Slysz Bowie - Hands Down :cool:
Lonehunter

Post by Lonehunter »

Hum, one knife for,on the job, in the deer woods, around the house ,and self defense capable ?

Gotta go with my XM 18 with slicer blade .