These really do multiply when you aren't looking!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Leadsled

These really do multiply when you aren't looking!

Post by Leadsled »

Up until a few months ago I had only one. Purchased early 90's for work on ships. Almost lost it a few years ago, so I started carrying cheap knives. A friend ignited my re-interest in Spyderco when he bought a PM2. Bought the Byrds first before making the plunge into the more expensive ones. Next thing I know I have eight.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
VashHash

Re: These really do multiply when you aren't looking!

Post by VashHash »

It's a slippery slope for sure.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Yes they do. Like rabbits.

Have you tried serrated H1 yet? It's pretty nice. A salt 1 or pacific salt would really round out the collection. :D
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Yeah my first was about 6 months ago and I'm up to 9. There can be worse addictions :D
Leadsled

Post by Leadsled »

SF Native wrote:Yes they do. Like rabbits.

Have you tried serrated H1 yet? It's pretty nice. A salt 1 or pacific salt would really round out the collection. :D
I was looking at the Pacific Salt Spyder Edge in black. The Endura 3 is actually SE. Love it, but would like the larger hole and jimping on thumb ramp. I think that would be the perfect work knife for me.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Be careful, it only gets worse from here. Nice collection, BTW.

I have multiple knives from various makers, but for some reason, Spydercos just seem to gravitate towards me, or I to them, I am not certain. I have a bunch of them (but not nearly so many as some on this forum :eek: ).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Nice little collection you got there leadsled, people think we're kidding when we say we've been "Spyder bitten" but it is the truth I fear. Once bitten the illness only gets worse. I finally gave up a year or two ago and stopped even counting, you know its terminal when your going through your safe and start finding Spydies you don't even remember buying. :spyder: :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

I remember the simple times when it was just me and my Endura... 50+ Spydies later and the only regrets I have are the ones that I didn't get to add to the family! :p
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
TheSpur22

Post by TheSpur22 »

Thought I had 7 or 8 when I took this. Added a Millie since then...