If I were upgrading the Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

Re: If I were upgrading the Delica

Post by dplafoll »

tvenuto wrote:
dplafoll wrote:I know that they're working on a LOT of possible handle materials for the Chaparral and that several of them haven't been viable. That research ought to yield some positive results at some point.
I held 3 of those in Amsterdam 2 years ago and I'll tell you it's a huge shame they didn't work out, several of them were very awesome.
Yeah I've seen Sal mention a few of them here and there in various threads. I'm super excited that they're doing the stainless steel version. Sal told me at Blade that the SS Delica/Endura are popular as gifts because they can be easily engraved, and now the Chap can be used that way. Plus it's a less-expensive version, which means it's another great option for a Spyderco at <$100.
I did see the kirinite prototypes at Blade and I hope those work out; they're very cool.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
APS

Post by APS »

Holzfaeller wrote:For my use, I would like a bit more of a hand-filling handle on the Delica.
That's what lead me to the Stretch, but I would prefer a Delica with the wider handle over the Stretch for my urban edc uses. If you look at the knife closed, there is still plenty of room to make the handle wider without making the knife wider in the pocket.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

My hands have not gotten that stiff yet. I hope never. So far, I love the Delica size. Knives like the Leek, and other slim knives are actually no slimmer than the Delica when you put them side by side. Yet, the Delica is a better knife with a better blade. I am not knocking Leeks (I have two) or other slim knives (I have several) but the Delica (and Caly3) really do it for me as far as how they feel in the hand and over all usefulness.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050